By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why sony is leaving e3 in my opinion

Sony is skipping one E3, highly doubt they'll skip anymore after 2019 (barring they do the same strategy at the end of the PS5 lifecycle)

Around the Network
Errorist76 said:
Snoopy said:

They did it before with the TLG. PS4 will be successful no matter what the case is. Sony wants to make sure the PS5 is successful. They could make it cross-platform, but they might not.

Those games will be cross-platform, no doubt. But they will have re-releases on PS5 because PS5 won't be out at release yet.

There were technical reasons TLG didn't come to PS3. 

PS5 will be out in 2020. Those games will be huge for PS5. Sony is all about, buy our new platform to play our games. Unlike Microsoft who are all about play anywhere. I can see it going both ways, but I wouldn't doubt Sony is making the games PS5 exclusive. Also, I haven't seen much of Ghost or Death Stranding. They might be 2021 games.

TLG was running on PS3, it just took them a long time to make the game and Sony stopped supporting PS3 for the most part in terms of first party games.

It seems most of Sony's first party is transitioning to PS5 development. 

melbye said:
Snoopy said:

I think they are going to announce TLOU2, Death Stranding, and Ghost as PS5 exclusive games. PS4 is already successful and those games won't change that, however, PS5 has to prove itself.

Doubt it. I think TLOU2 will eventually be on PS5, but PS4 first. Ghosts on Tsushima will be released and stay exclusive to PS4 and my guess their next PS4-game after Days Gone. Death Stranding is the one game that i can believe will be a Breath of the Wild-like situation but not exclusive to PS5

Death Stranding is the only game that's already finished. Kojima has stated a few weeks ago that there's only polishing left!

Snoopy said:
Errorist76 said:

Those games will be cross-platform, no doubt. But they will have re-releases on PS5 because PS5 won't be out at release yet.

There were technical reasons TLG didn't come to PS3. 

PS5 will be out in 2020. Those games will be huge for PS5. Sony is all about, buy our new platform to play our games. Unlike Microsoft who are all about play anywhere. I can see it going both ways, but I wouldn't doubt Sony is making the games PS5 exclusive. Also, I haven't seen much of Ghost or Death Stranding. They might be 2021 games.

All games are confirmed PS4 games. You know what a backlash Sony would get? Impossible. 

Around the Network

My theory is they are only leaving for 2019 because they don't have enough games to show, because they decided to delay Death Stranding, TLOU 2, and Ghosts of Tsushima and make them all cross-gen, and they don't want to show them again until PS5 is announced and they can show the PS5 versions of them all. We will get a PS5 reveal event before the end of 2019 where they show the PS5 versions of Death Stranding, TLOU 2, Ghosts of Tsushima, and also announce some PS5 exclusives like Horizon 2. 

shikamaru317 said:
My theory is they are only leaving for 2019 because they don't have enough games to show, because they decided to delay Death Stranding, TLOU 2, and Ghosts of Tsushima and make them all cross-gen, and they don't want to show them again until PS5 is announced and they can show the PS5 versions of them all.

God I really wonder what drugs some of you guys are on.

Errorist76 said:
shikamaru317 said:
My theory is they are only leaving for 2019 because they don't have enough games to show, because they decided to delay Death Stranding, TLOU 2, and Ghosts of Tsushima and make them all cross-gen, and they don't want to show them again until PS5 is announced and they can show the PS5 versions of them all.

God I really wonder what drugs some of you guys are on.

None of those 3 games looked like they were close to being finished when they were shown at E3, Sony didn't even announce a release year for any of them, let alone a release quarter, which strongly suggests that they were all at least 1 year away from being finished. That makes them Q3-Q4 2019 releases at the absolute earliest (Q1-Q2 2019 is all about the Dreams beta, Concrete Genie, and maybe MediEvil). I think it is very possible that PS5 will be revealed in late 2019 ahead of a Spring 2020 release. Is it really so unlikely to you that TLOU 2, Death Stranding, and Ghosts of Tsushima might get delayed from Q3-Q4 2019 to Q1-Q2 2020 to become cross-gen games? 

Errorist76 said:
melbye said:

Doubt it. I think TLOU2 will eventually be on PS5, but PS4 first. Ghosts on Tsushima will be released and stay exclusive to PS4 and my guess their next PS4-game after Days Gone. Death Stranding is the one game that i can believe will be a Breath of the Wild-like situation but not exclusive to PS5

Death Stranding is the only game that's already finished. Kojima has stated a few weeks ago that there's only polishing left!

Hm, maybe Last of SU might see a dual-release on PS4 and PS5. Ghosts of Tsushima must be almost done though considering Sucker Punch hasn't released anything since 2014, unless something has gone horribly wrong at some point during development

Errorist76 said:

Sony still showed the better games. MS just showed multiplats and sequels of Halo, Gears and Forza. 

MS might have gotten more recognition for the show but Sony clearly took the award for the most impressive games, don't forget that.

You clearly didn't watch MS's show if that's all you think they showed. Either way you are entitled to your own opinion. I disagree.