By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why sony is leaving e3 in my opinion

I think they are going to announce TLOU2, Death Stranding, and Ghost as PS5 exclusive games. PS4 is already successful and those games won't change that, however, PS5 has to prove itself.

Around the Network
TranceformerFX said:
Alot of people are making the assumption that since Sony isn't appearing for E3 in 2019, it means that they'll instead announce the PS5.
In reality - it's the exact opposite.

Sony isn't appearing at E3 because they're not going to announce the PS5. The gaming media is inconveniently putting Sony in a bad position by hyping up the "imminent PS5". While all of it pure speculation and conjecture, it none the less gets people thinking that the PS5 is coming despite zero evidence or confirmation from Sony. Basically, Sony isn't playing ball with the media and figures it's best to quelch rumors and false media hype by not showing up to E3 at all. Which is the right thing to do because Sony doesn't want the potential negative feedback from the community.

For those of you who think the PS5 is coming regardless; you're wrong. Sony absolutely will not release the PS5 until Death Stranding, Last of Us 2 and Ghost of Tsushima have hit shelves.

The PS5 will come out on Nov. 2020, with the announcement happening in Feb.2020 in a live Press Conference. (For those.of you who are unaware, the PS4 wasn't announced at E3 - it was announced at New York press conference in Feb. 2013. The actual console is what was revealed at E3 2013 along with the retail price)

I don't know how what you say conflicts with the general opinion, that Sony might release PS5 on holidays 2020? All those games will most likely be released until then. If they tease PS5 in February 2020 (like last time) or at their 25th anniversary PSX in December 2019? Where is the difference?

Snoopy said:

I think they are going to announce TLOU2, Death Stranding, and Ghost as PS5 exclusive games. PS4 is already successful and those games won't change that, however, PS5 has to prove itself.

Nonsense. Downright naive to believe this. You honestly think they'd miss out on 110 million + potential customers? Not even talking about the fact they'd make their customers furious.

Errorist76 said:
Snoopy said:

Nonsense. Downright naive to believe this. You honestly think they'd miss out on 110 million + potential customers? Not even talking about the fact they'd make their customers furious.

They did it before with the TLG. PS4 will be successful no matter what the case is. Sony wants to make sure the PS5 is successful. They could make it cross-platform, but they might not.

Azzanation said:

From the majority of people who went to the show, Sony's show was a mess compared to other shows. < Majority's opinion.

Sony still showed the better games. MS just showed multiplats and sequels of Halo, Gears and Forza. 

MS might have gotten more recognition for the show but Sony clearly took the award for the most impressive games, don't forget that.

Around the Network
Snoopy said:
Errorist76 said:

They did it before with the TLG. PS4 will be successful no matter what the case is. Sony wants to make sure the PS5 is successful. They could make it cross-platform, but they might not.

Those games will be cross-platform, no doubt. But they will have re-releases on PS5 because PS5 won't be out at release yet.

There were technical reasons TLG didn't come to PS3. 

Snoopy said:

Doubt it. I think TLOU2 will eventually be on PS5, but PS4 first. Ghosts on Tsushima will be released and stay exclusive to PS4 and my guess their next PS4-game after Days Gone. Death Stranding is the one game that i can believe will be a Breath of the Wild-like situation but not exclusive to PS5

No, they're not leaving.

They just don't have something new announcements for E3 2019, it's a good thing to prevent repetitive same The Last of Us 2, Death Stranding and Ghost of Tsushima(correct me for bad spelling) gameplay trailers without release window over again. They'll come back to E3 again once they have done with working on upcoming CGI teasers or trailers for PSX.

Sony is skipping one E3, highly doubt they'll skip anymore after 2019 (barring they do the same strategy at the end of the PS5 lifecycle)

Errorist76 said:
Snoopy said:

Those games will be cross-platform, no doubt. But they will have re-releases on PS5 because PS5 won't be out at release yet.

There were technical reasons TLG didn't come to PS3. 

PS5 will be out in 2020. Those games will be huge for PS5. Sony is all about, buy our new platform to play our games. Unlike Microsoft who are all about play anywhere. I can see it going both ways, but I wouldn't doubt Sony is making the games PS5 exclusive. Also, I haven't seen much of Ghost or Death Stranding. They might be 2021 games.

TLG was running on PS3, it just took them a long time to make the game and Sony stopped supporting PS3 for the most part in terms of first party games.