By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - American Republican Jesus

o_O.Q said:
Final-Fan said:
^ OK, if you want to personally define religion as being "any belief based on faith instead of evidence" then I guess no one can stop you but just realize that you will continue to have misunderstandings with the vast majority of people that don't think that thinking Bigfoot is real or that vaccines cause autism is necessarily "religious".

i see no real difference between believing in god as some magical space humanoid and believing that gender is infinite

both beliefs are baseless and inspired by the same emotional paradigm 

that people think otherwise is a big mistake and is a big reason for the tribalism that is continuing to grow out of control

because one group stupidly looks at another group and goes "hahaha they are so stupid for thinking like that!" without being able to make the link back to their own idiotic interpretations of the world and realising that its a base component of being a human being to some degree

its not going to leave you if you stop picking up holy books and in many cases it seems to become amplified because some people foolishly believe "once i stop believing in god and associate with the atheism tribe i'll be rational and my beliefs must automatically be more grounded"

which goes the other way too "once i believe in god..."

I do think religion also hold's the sociality of the groupthinking and being part of that same group way higher than actual factual information so it diminishes the importance of incoming information from the outside of the group and gloryfies the information on the inside of the group.

Around the Network
o_O.Q said:
Megiddo said:

But you haven't brought up a single minutia of substance that can be related to "religious nonsense". That seems to be where you are failing in this debate. Religious doesn't just mean "motivating people". If you want to just say nonsense, that's fine. There's plenty of nonsense on the internet. But the religious nonsense is pretty much squarely in the Republican/Conservative side of politics, even though Democrats/Liberals far more espouse the ideologies and practices that Christ preached.

what i consider religious is beliefs rooted in faith not evidence

You're wrong. Religion is the systems (including rituals, congregations, and scriptures) revolving around the belief and worship of a supernatural higher power, mainly God and gods. Examples of religions are Christianity, Judaism, Islam, and Hinduism.

In addition: Your "Belief rooted in faith" red herring doesn't actually describe feminism either. Feminism is the advocacy for political, social, economic, and legal rights for women. No worship of supernatural deities are involved; the concept is secular in nature.

"Belief rooted in faith" is so vague a statement that it can mean everything from sports fandom, to what will happen next in a film or book series, to what you think you'll want to eat later. To call these things religions shows you have an incredible misunderstanding of one of the most commonly understood concepts in all human history. Or that you are aware you've been caught lying, and you'd rather instead come off as exceptionally ignorant or profoundly delusional.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 21 November 2018

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Immersiveunreality said:
o_O.Q said:

i see no real difference between believing in god as some magical space humanoid and believing that gender is infinite

that people think otherwise is a big mistake and is a big reason for the tribalism that is continuing to grow out of control

because one group stupidly looks at another group and goes "hahaha they are so stupid for thinking like that!" without being able to make the link back to their own idiotic interpretations of the world and realising that its a base component of being a human being to some degree

its not going to leave you if you stop picking up holy books and in many cases it seems to become amplified because some people foolishly believe "once i stop believing in god and associate with the atheism tribe i'll be rational and my beliefs must automatically be more grounded"

which goes the other way too "once i believe in god..."

I do think religion also hold's the sociality of the groupthinking and being part of that same group way higher than actual factual information so it diminishes the importance of incoming information from the outside of the group and gloryfies the information on the inside of the group.

true, conformity in many cases becomes the primary virtue, which is obviously a big problem

but don't get me wrong i think that some type of unifying theme has to be present in a community or that community will perish or be taken over by a dictator

religions like christianity despite their flaws held that purpose previously, its concerning that they appear to be dying slowly without new themes filling the void

Last edited by o_O.Q - on 21 November 2018

Jumpin said:
o_O.Q said:

what i consider religious is beliefs rooted in faith not evidence

You're wrong. Religion is the systems (including rituals, congregations, and scriptures) revolving around the belief and worship of a supernatural higher power, mainly God and gods. Examples of religions are Christianity, Judaism, Islam, and Hinduism.

In addition: Your "Belief rooted in faith" red herring doesn't actually describe feminism either. Feminism is the advocacy for political, social, economic, and legal rights for women. No worship of supernatural deities are involved; the concept is secular in nature.

"Belief rooted in faith" is so vague a statement that it can mean everything from sports fandom, to what will happen next in a film or book series, to what you think you'll want to eat later. To call these things religions shows you have an incredible misunderstanding of one of the most commonly understood concepts in all human history. Or that you are aware you've been caught lying, and you'd rather instead come off as exceptionally ignorant or profoundly delusional.

"You're wrong."

i'm not, you just don't really comprehend how people interface with ideas and furthermore you have a very shallow understanding of religions like christianity, then again i can't blame you since the same applies to most people who follow then

your ignorance blinds you to the parallels between these different belief systems and that's how people end up poking fun at another group of people for believing one thing while their puppet master leads them down the path of believing even more ludicrous ideas

" Your "Belief rooted in faith" red herring doesn't actually describe feminism either. Feminism is the advocacy for political, social, economic, and legal rights for women."

ok can you list for me the rights women do not possess at this point in time? 

" No worship of supernatural deities are involved; the concept is secular in nature."

the deity they worship is the idea of equality between men and women being accomplished if only they could exert enough pressure on men through the state even though men and women are clearly not equal and can never be equal no matter what they do

its a religious doctrine and if you disagree with that then that's ok

" Or that you are aware you've been caught lying"

this is a bizarre claim, caught lying about what?

You still don't seem to be aware that you lost your argument the moment you couldn't support your claim by providing even one shred of evidence. But your latest post has so much wrong with it that I have to respond.

1. First, you've committed numerous fallacies (throughout the thread). Perhaps the most major is the high degree to which you've been moving the goalposts. You're redefining religion to whatever you like to make up evidence to support your claim.

This thread is about Republican Jesus: you responded by claiming the Democratic Party has been pushing more religious nonsense than the Republicans. I provided multiple examples where the Republicans were pushing religious nonsense as policy; you provided nothing except some girls marching in a feminist parade. You then later claimed that was somehow an example of religion, that some speech made by Elizabeth Warren is an example of religion. In practice, you pulled a definition out of your ass. The validity of a definition doesn't care how passionately you believe in your own pig shit.

I'll rephrase my last closing line since you seem completely oblivious as to what I am accusing you of:
Either you have an incredible misunderstanding of one of the most commonly understood concepts in all human history, religion. Or that you are aware you've been caught lying about seeing more religious nonsense from the Democratic Party, and you'd rather instead come off as exceptionally ignorant or profoundly delusional.

2. The red herring you keep pushing is laughable. You're going off on some weird rage tangent against feminism. What does that have to do with providing examples of all this religious nonsense from the Democrats? Even after I pointed this out in the previous post, you blatantly continued rage-bashing feminism. Again, whether or not you hate feminism or not is irrelevant.

3. Although this delves back into the red herring, just to show how ridiculous your post is, I'll also point out your utter lack of consistency: To my point: Feminism is the advocacy for political, social, economic, and legal rights for women.
You responded: "
ok can you list for me the rights women do not possess at this point in time?"
And say a couple of lines later: "
men and women are clearly not equal and can never be equal no matter what they do"

Around the Network
Jumpin said:

You still don't seem to be aware that you lost your argument the moment you couldn't support your claim by providing even one shred of evidence. But your latest post has so much wrong with it that I have to respond.

1. First, you've committed numerous fallacies (throughout the thread). Perhaps the most major is the high degree to which you've been moving the goalposts. You're redefining religion to whatever you like to make up evidence to support your claim.

This thread is about Republican Jesus: you responded by claiming the Democratic Party has been pushing more religious nonsense than the Republicans. I provided multiple examples where the Republicans were pushing religious nonsense as policy; you provided nothing except some girls marching in a feminist parade. You then later claimed that was somehow an example of religion, that some speech made by Elizabeth Warren is an example of religion. In practice, you pulled a definition out of your ass. The validity of a definition doesn't care how passionately you believe in your own pig shit.

I'll rephrase my last closing line since you seem completely oblivious as to what I am accusing you of:
Either you have an incredible misunderstanding of one of the most commonly understood concepts in all human history, religion. Or that you are aware you've been caught lying about seeing more religious nonsense from the Democratic Party, and you'd rather instead come off as exceptionally ignorant or profoundly delusional.

2. The red herring you keep pushing is laughable. You're going off on some weird rage tangent against feminism. What does that have to do with providing examples of all this religious nonsense from the Democrats? Even after I pointed this out in the previous post, you blatantly continued rage-bashing feminism. Again, whether or not you hate feminism or not is irrelevant.

3. Although this delves back into the red herring, just to show how ridiculous your post is, I'll also point out your utter lack of consistency: To my point: Feminism is the advocacy for political, social, economic, and legal rights for women.
ok can you list for me the rights women do not possess at this point in time?"
And say a couple of lines later: "
men and women are clearly not equal and can never be equal no matter what they do"

"on some weird rage tangent against feminism"

well that's not really true, i've been bashing the aspects of feminism that don't make sense, such as when you yourself said that its about providing equal rights for women then couldn't answer when i asked you to detail what rights women lack

when you realised you couldn't answer the most simple question that would come to mind shouldn't that have told you something?

beyond that i haven't only been criticising feminism anyway

"Perhaps the most major is the high degree to which you've been moving the goalposts. "

you started this argument by claiming i said something i never said...

"You see more religious bullshit policies from the Democratic Party than the Republicans."

i can't move goalposts when you don't even understand the argument i'm making, you do understand that right?

"you provided nothing except some girls marching in a feminist parade."

if you ignore what i actually posted then yeah 

if you don't think this for example is religious nonsense being foisted on young people then imo you cannot be helped

"whether or not you hate feminism or not is irrelevant."

which i do not, i dislike the parts that are illogical and despite that, being passed into law to affect everyone

" Or that you are aware you've been caught lying about seeing more religious nonsense from the Democratic Party"
its ironic that you would claim that when you yourself are starting to give an example of what i'm describing

"Although this delves back into the red herring, just to show how ridiculous your post is, I'll also point out your utter lack of consistency: To my point: Feminism is the advocacy for political, social, economic, and legal rights for women.
ok can you list for me the rights women do not possess at this point in time?""

yes and my question still stands, list the rights women lack, i'm waiting on you

"And say a couple of lines later: "men and women are clearly not equal and can never be equal no matter what they do"" 

wow really? so your argument here is that if men and women are equal before the law all other differences must be eliminated? and you don't think this is a religion?

o_O.Q said:

"Although this delves back into the red herring, just to show how ridiculous your post is, I'll also point out your utter lack of consistency: To my point: Feminism is the advocacy for political, social, economic, and legal rights for women.

yes and my question still stands, list the rights women lack, i'm waiting on you

"And say a couple of lines later: "men and women are clearly not equal and can never be equal no matter what they do"" 

wow really? so your argument here is that if men and women are equal before the law all other differences must be eliminated? and you don't think this is a religion?

I didn't say anything about all other differences. Where are you getting this from?
Do you even have the capability to remain coherent for even two sentences?

Also, what you said is fairly straightforward: 

o_O.Q said:
if you ask me i've been seeing more religious nonsense from the democrats recently

I've looked up the definition in American dictionaries and encyclopedias, and unsurprisingly it's the same as the rest of the world. This is what you wrote, this is what you're failing to support without moving the goalposts to some weird definition you just made up in order to avoid admitting you were lying.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 28 November 2018

Jumpin said:
o_O.Q said:

yes and my question still stands, list the rights women lack, i'm waiting on you

I didn't say anything about all other differences. Where are you getting this from?

o_O.Q said:
if you ask me i've been seeing more religious nonsense from the democrats recently

I've looked up the definition in American dictionaries and encyclopedias, and unsurprisingly it's the same as the rest of the world. This is what you wrote, this is what you're failing to support without moving the goalposts to some weird definition you just made up in order to avoid admitting you were lying.

Just going to point out that his consistent inability to provide evidence for his position (be it through logic or a reputable, verifiable source) indicates that he maintains his position on faith, not evidence.  According to his own “definition” of “religious nonsense”, that makes him guilty of peddling religious nonsense himself throughout this thread (and others).  

That should be an indicator of how unhelpful his “definition” actually is, as it spectacularly fails to distinguish religious nonsense from any other nonsense, to such an extent that he broadcasts his own wholehearted commitment to what he supposedly disapproves of.  I’m not sure what you hope or expect to gain in your conversation, as it is clear that he neither understands what words mean or how to think critically.  

You may find Cleverbot more worthy of your time and effort.  Seriously.  Cleverbot is better at staying on topic, has a better understanding of what words mean, and you can be 100% certain that it isn’t actively trolling you at any given point.

Jumpin said:
o_O.Q said:

o_O.Q said:

"I didn't say anything about all other differences. Where are you getting this from?"

if that wasn't what you were implying can you clarify? what point were you trying to make?

"This is what you wrote"

yes and my phrase as you can see from the quote does not have the word "policy" in it so that was a strawman

"what you're failing to support without moving the goalposts to some weird definition you just made up in order to avoid admitting you were lying."

any person with any modicum of common sense can look at the examples i posted and understand the point i was making... you supposedly can't because i'm making fun of your tribe

and looking back at that post 4 people agree with me so clearly they understand what i'm talking about

btw isn't it interesting how after i've asked this question twice all you can do is ignore it? and every time you do so you prove my point lol

"ok can you list for me the rights women do not possess at this point in time?"

Last edited by o_O.Q - on 29 November 2018

SpokenTruth said:
o_O.Q said:

Until you get the science right, you have no argument.

science with regards to what?