By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Predict metascore for Pokemon Let's Go and Smash Bros. Ultimate

Probabky low seventies for lets go

High eigthies for smash

Around the Network

Pokemon Let's Go looks so bland, boring and easy that I think it will actually be below 70. Smash Ultimate will be close to 90 for being a bit faster than previous installments and with so much content.

PMLG - 86
Smash Ultimate - 96

Aight, it's assumption time!

Let's Go: 78

Ultimate: 92

Pokemon- 83
Smash- 88

Around the Network

Smash 93
Pokemon 73

h2ohno said:
Critics won't be nearly as turned off by Let's Go as some fans are. It's a pretty, more accessible version of gen. 1. I'd be very surprised if it gets lower than 75 and would actually predict low 80s.

Smash might start to suffer from franchise fatigue. I saw some outlets lower the score of Smash Wii U in 2014 because they had grown tired of the formula,and I suspect that trend might continue here even if has more content and more refined gameplay than previous versions. So low 90s to high 80s; I think a lot is riding on the spirits system really taking off since they're dropping trophies, which is a huge mistake in my opinion.

While it’s unfortunate that trophies won’t return, I can understand why. They built over 900+ 3D/2D models as trophies, how can you do all that work + possibly 100-200 more within less than 3 years of development while having to deal with World of Light, getting every veteran back, getting new characters, new and old stages, over 900 music tracks, etc. all in HD.

plus Spirits appear to be allowing these spirits of many characters of many franchises to be useful, especially in events in World of Light.

Pokemon- 80
Smash- 92

Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee (84%)- Pokemon games seem to usually achieve scores in the 80% range
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (95%)- I know I'm being optimistic, but the last game had a very high score of 92% and this game has so much more content. It's very rare to see this much on release in this current climate of gaming,

Pokemon - 78
Smash - 91