By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Predict metascore for Pokemon Let's Go and Smash Bros. Ultimate

Cerebralbore101 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Damn, it's almost like people don't enjoy games based on a metacritic aggregate score.

You have it in reverse. People don't enjoy games based on the score. The score is based on how much people enjoyed the game. Review aggregates aren't anything more than user reviews with the Timmys, Trolls, and Tasteless mostly taken out. 

Exactly, so why would you act like it's hypocritical when none of the people here are professional critics?

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:

You have it in reverse. People don't enjoy games based on the score. The score is based on how much people enjoyed the game. Review aggregates aren't anything more than user reviews with the Timmys, Trolls, and Tasteless mostly taken out. 

Exactly, so why would you act like it's hypocritical when none of the people here are professional critics?

Ok so they are saying that critics won't be impressed, but they are still looking forward to it. That's fine. 

Cerebralbore101 said:

Ok so they are saying that critics won't be impressed, but they are still looking forward to it. That's fine. 

You got it! 

HandofPrometheus said:
Pokemon- 80
Smash- 92

So far Pokenon at 82. I'm off by two.

Barkley said:

Pokémon: 80

Smash: 93

I did it!

Now for Smash.

Around the Network

A little off topic. My apologies.

My issue with "metascores" is the complete lack of consistency between sources. Some games get boosted due to a flood of extra paid reviews, and then others get damaged due to a flood of anti-fan reviews.

While I realize Gamespot's producers have in past times been caught encouraging its editors to give certain games higher scores to please publishers, I don't think this is a general practice of theirs, and when they got caught doing it there was a huge controversy...
But I barely read reviews anymore, anyway. I generally know what kind of games I want and a 95% on a game I don't want is as good as a 0.

Anyway, is there a core group of sources that are generally good and consistent? Any sites that actually sort these out, or allow users to customize what review sites they are looking at?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Barkley said:
Barkley said:

Pokémon: 80

Smash: 93

I did it!

Now for Smash.

WTF I almost got both perfect, but Pokemon's dropped to 79!

FML

Barkley said:
Barkley said:

I did it!

Now for Smash.

WTF I almost got both perfect, but Pokemon's dropped to 79!

FML

Let's Go, Eevee is still at 81, so the average of both Metacritic scores is 80. :)

Smash has dropped to 92 - so I called that one correctly.