By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 25 companies by gaming revenue (up to june 2018)

Baddman said:
If I'm understanding correctly this includes all software sales but excludes subscriptions as well as console and accessories sales?

Included: Games, subscriptions.
Excluded: Consoles, accessories.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Baddman said:
If I'm understanding correctly this includes all software sales but excludes subscriptions as well as console and accessories sales?

I guess that's because Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony would dominate the Top otherwise.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:
RolStoppable said:

I guess that's because Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony would dominate the Top otherwise.

I think it's much more likely that the people who compiled the list don't understand gaming.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Mar1217 said:
RolStoppable said:

Yeah, according to sites collecting latest fiscal year reports, the 3 console manufacturers are dominating.

Top 10 highest earning video game publishers by revenue in fiscal 2018 (game divisions only):
1. Sony: $16.5 billion
2. Microsoft: $10.4 billion
3. Nintendo: $9.9 billion
4. Activision Blizzard: $7.2 billion
5. Electronic Arts: $5.2 billion
6. Tencent Games: $4.4 billion
7. Bandai Namco: $3.6 billion (incl. other services)
8. Square Enix: $2.2 billion
9. Ubisoft: $2 billion
10. Take-Two Interactive: $1.79 billion

Replicant said:
Mar1217 said:

Yeah, according to sites collecting latest fiscal year reports, the 3 console manufacturers are dominating.

Top 10 highest earning video game publishers by revenue in fiscal 2018 (game divisions only):
1. Sony: $16.5 billion
2. Microsoft: $10.4 billion
3. Nintendo: $9.9 billion
4. Activision Blizzard: $7.2 billion
5. Electronic Arts: $5.2 billion
6. Tencent Games: $4.4 billion
7. Bandai Namco: $3.6 billion (incl. other services)
8. Square Enix: $2.2 billion
9. Ubisoft: $2 billion
10. Take-Two Interactive: $1.79 billion

I can only imagine the slaughter they'll cause after this holiday.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
RolStoppable said:

They would have to add smartphones and tablets as gaming acessories too, so Apple and Google would also rise a lot.

CuCabeludo said:
Mar1217 said:

They would have to add smartphones and tablets as gaming acessories too, so Apple and Google would also rise a lot.

But smartphones or tablets are not primarily used for gaming. They're not tools made for the sole purpose of entertainment which actual gaming consoles like the Switch,PS4,Xbone are, thus should be discarded from the equation.

Mar1217 said:
CuCabeludo said:

But smartphones or tablets are not primarily used for gaming. They're not tools made for the sole purpose of entertainment which actual gaming consoles like the Switch,PS4,Xbone are, thus should be discarded from the equation.

Does the 10bn for xbox include things in their gaming division that aren't actually used for gaming? 

Kerotan said:
Mar1217 said:

Does the 10bn for xbox include things in their gaming division that aren't actually used for gaming? 

Ask them, I guess. I didn't look much into their last financials.

RolStoppable said:
Baddman said:

Do the games for sony MS and Nintendo also include third party revenues?