By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 25 companies by gaming revenue (up to june 2018)

Mar1217 said:
Kerotan said:

Does the 10bn for xbox include things in their gaming division that aren't actually used for gaming? 

Ask them, I guess. I didn't look much into their last financials.

Well a bunch of stuff was included in their gaming section from those financials. And a ton of it had nothing to do with xbox or the revenue that platform brings in. 

Around the Network

since the games for MS, Nintendo, and Sony include third-party revenue. Is it, for example, $60 included or just the percentage that goes to Sony, MS or Nintendo?

Baddman said:
since the games for MS, Nintendo, and Sony include third-party revenue. Is it, for example, $60 included or just the percentage that goes to Sony, MS or Nintendo?

It usually takes into account the estimates for the percentage of a 3rd party game sale that goes to Sony/MS/Nintendo pockets. It's not $60.

Kerotan said:
Mar1217 said:

Ask them, I guess. I didn't look much into their last financials.

Well a bunch of stuff was included in their gaming section from those financials. And a ton of it had nothing to do with xbox or the revenue that platform brings in. 

The report mentions certain companies gaming revenue are estimates, hence the asterix beside Sony and some others,  even though I find these reports interesting and gain a general insight any report that doesn't show or explain the methodology used to make those estimates automatically leaves me with doubts, at least with clear methodology  I have something concrete  that I can  agree or disagree with .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

crissindahouse said:
EricHiggin said:

Top 10 auto manufacturers based on revenue 2017.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/232958/revenue-of-the-leading-car-manufacturers-worldwide/

Mostly mass produced 'garbage'. No Ferrari or Lambo in this list either.

Not sure why you compare videogames with cars 99.9% of people can't afford which is the reason for the low sales but I'm sure even with higher revenue Ferrari or Lamborghini wouldn't be in the list because they are part of  FIAT  Chrysler Automobiles and the Volkswagen Group so that the revenue of them is included in the top 10 at place 7 and 2

BMW is owned by Daimler. BMW is 9th on the list and Daimler is 3rd. BMW has a rev of 111 billion and Ferrari has a rev of 4.0 billion.

The point is when you want to make something of the upmost quality that stands above the rest, it means you have to sacrifice something, and typically that's overall wealth. Ferrari and Take Two (Rockstar) prove you can take more time and create the best while remaining extremely well off.

Around the Network
EricHiggin said:
crissindahouse said:

Not sure why you compare videogames with cars 99.9% of people can't afford which is the reason for the low sales but I'm sure even with higher revenue Ferrari or Lamborghini wouldn't be in the list because they are part of  FIAT  Chrysler Automobiles and the Volkswagen Group so that the revenue of them is included in the top 10 at place 7 and 2

BMW is owned by Daimler. BMW is 9th on the list and Daimler is 3rd. BMW has a rev of 111 billion and Ferrari has a rev of 4.0 billion.

The point is when you want to make something of the upmost quality that stands above the rest, it means you have to sacrifice something, and typically that's overall wealth. Ferrari and Take Two (Rockstar) prove you can take more time and create the best while remaining extremely well off.

Daimler failed with the attempt to buy Daimler already like 50 or more years ago. Not sure why you believe Daimler owns them.

crissindahouse said:
EricHiggin said:

Daimler failed with the attempt to buy Daimler already like 50 or more years ago. Not sure why you believe Daimler owns them.

Google said so. They were wrong though. Still doesn't really make a difference. Rockstar is owned by Take two so. The point about quality and remaining well off doesn't change. It would have made more sense if I got it right the first time.

CaptainExplosion said:
KrspaceT said:

Nintendo, unlike EA, still makes games and those cost money. 

But Nintendo is the better company than EA. Way better practices and more recognizable characters. -_-

Nintendo is at their strongest in Q3. Might beat a lot of others on the list. Plus EA makes FIFA. There's your answer

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

How in the nine hells are Apple and Google so high? I've never even heard of a first-party Apple or Google exclusive.

Zach808 said:
How in the nine hells are Apple and Google so high? I've never even heard of a first-party Apple or Google exclusive.

licence fees .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot