By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - 'I was angry and I sent it': Another Justice Brett Kavanaugh accuser referred to FBI after recanting

"Woman Says She Made False Claims About Kavanaugh, Now She’s Been Referred to the FBI

by Chuck Ross

A woman who acknowledged falsely accusing Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh of rape is being referred to the FBI and Department of Justice for investigation, according to an official letter.

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley said in a letter sent Friday to FBI Director Christopher Wray and Attorney General Jeff Sessions that the woman, Judy Munro-Leighton, admitted Thursday that she falsely claimed in an email to committee staff on Oct. 3 that Kavanaugh and a friend had raped her.

In the email, Munro-Leighton claimed to be the author of an anonymous letter sent to California Democratic Sen. Kamala Harris on Sept. 19. In that letter, a person who signed the letter as “Jane Doe” claimed Kavanaugh and a friend raped her in the back of a car.

Grassley, an Iowa Republican, said investigators quickly discovered that Munro-Leighton was a “left-wing activist” who is decades older than Kavanaugh.

RELATED: Grassley Refers Avenatti, Swetnick To FBI For Investigation ]

But after reaching Munro-Leighton on Thursday, she admitted “that she had not been sexually assaulted by Judge Kavanaugh and was not the author of the original Jane Doe letter.”"

http://tennesseestar.com/2018/11/04/woman-says-she-made-false-claims-about-kavanaugh-now-shes-been-referred-to-the-fbi/

"Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley has referred attorney Michael Avenatti and his client, Julie Swetnick, to the Justice Department and FBI for investigation into their claims about Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh.

“I am writing to refer Mr. Michael Avenatti and Ms. Julie Swetnick for investigation,” Grassley, an Iowa Republican, wrote in a letter to Attorney General Jeff Sessions and FBI Director Christopher Wray.

Grassley alleges that Avenatti and Swetnick engaged in a “potential conspiracy to provide materially false statements to Congress and obstruct a congressional committee investigation.”

Avenatti, a potential Democratic presidential candidate in 2020, came forward as the attorney for Swetnick just days before Kavanaugh testified before the Senate Judiciary panel about allegations from Christine Blasey Ford, a California psychologist who claimed that Kavanaugh attempted to sexually assault her when they were in high school in 1982."

https://dailycaller.com/2018/10/25/avenatti-swetnick-fbi-doj-grassley/

well i didn't see this coming, especially after all the claims being made that women have nothing to gain from doing this stuff. discuss.

Around the Network

Shocker.

Democrats are disgusting, what else is new.

o_O.Q said:

[...]

[...]

You might want to get rid of the auto ad.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Hiku said:

At least the FBI will probably question her. They didn't even bother questioning the woman who credibly (GOP members and Trump's own words) accused Kavanaugh after taking and passing the most accurate type of polygraph, while Kavanaugh refused to do the same and opposed an FBI investigation every time he was asked.

Wouldn't be surprising if the real author of the Jane Doe letter was sincere.
That said, people who make false accusations need to be properly punished by the law.

" They didn't even bother questioning the woman who credibly (GOP members and Trump's own words) accused Kavanaugh after taking and passing the most accurate type of polygraph"

apparently ford lied about coaching for polygraph tests

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/10/ex-boyfriend-christine-blasey-ford-polygraph.html

i thought they were all credible btw? what happened to #believewomen?

", while Kavanaugh refused to do the same and opposed an FBI investigation every time he was asked."

he was investigated by the fbi numerous times previously

Last edited by o_O.Q - on 04 November 2018

Around the Network

So that means all the additional accusations after the first one are proven false, right? So ridiculous, and frankly sick. So glad they didn't get away with using something so serious as sexual assault to destroy an innocent man

He still isn't fit for the supreme court. He was angry and shouting like crazy. I wouldn't want that for my supreme court justice. Just an outsider's perspective who's neither democrat not republican and as impartial as possible.

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

#believeallwoman probably isn't going to help in this situation.

Isnt there some sort of punishment for women that do this sort of thing? because these sort of accusation can really be harmfull.

JRPGfan said:
Isnt there some sort of punishment for women that do this sort of thing? because these sort of accusation can really be harmfull.

There are several laws that can apply (conspiracy, obstruction of justice, perjury), though it's very rare that someone who makes an unproven accusation is actually charged for doing so, due to the difficulty in proving that they're deliberately lying instead of just misremembering or misinterpreting the facts. More generally it's left up to the person who was accused to file slander or libel charges in a private lawsuit.