By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - 'I was angry and I sent it': Another Justice Brett Kavanaugh accuser referred to FBI after recanting

Isnt there some sort of punishment for women that do this sort of thing? because these sort of accusation can really be harmfull.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
Isnt there some sort of punishment for women that do this sort of thing? because these sort of accusation can really be harmfull.

There are several laws that can apply (conspiracy, obstruction of justice, perjury), though it's very rare that someone who makes an unproven accusation is actually charged for doing so, due to the difficulty in proving that they're deliberately lying instead of just misremembering or misinterpreting the facts. More generally it's left up to the person who was accused to file slander or libel charges in a private lawsuit.

I was angry, so I pushed the nuke button. I retract my intentions though.

Lube Me Up

Wow, and there are still people in here that won't get over it. These women lied. So yea, it's time to move on. Oh, but he raised his voice some during the hearing, so he's unfit. The lengths the Dems will go for power is disgusting. I hope to God they don't take the House. Fortunately, even if they do, it won't be a huge blue wave giving them a super majority. And Dems in more right leaning districts won't be jumping on board with this insanity, either out of principle or to keep their jobs.

And we are led to believe that false claims aren't common and if a woman says she was rapped then it must be true.

About a month ago we had a singer in Brazil accusing Vice President candidate of having tortured him during military regime in Brazil. Even though the VP candidate was still 16 years old at the occasion (and would only join army several years later). But again we are led to believe the person wouldn't ever forget someone who made such a heinous act. So did the guy lied that he was ever tortured or just that this person was the perpetrator?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Daily Caller. That should say enough.

This anonymous letter was not part of the main hearings into sexual assault. It was not given the same credibility as Mrs. Ford. An anonymous accusation is never given the same weight because those do have a higher rate of false pretenses than do public accusations.

Judy Munro-Leighton should be in big trouble though. Not only did she falsely accuse Kavanaugh of sexual assault but she provided that accusation to congressional investigators. Lying to Congress can be criminally punishable too.

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

DonFerrari said:
And we are led to believe that false claims aren't common and if a woman says she was rapped then it must be true.

About a month ago we had a singer in Brazil accusing Vice President candidate of having tortured him during military regime in Brazil. Even though the VP candidate was still 16 years old at the occasion (and would only join army several years later). But again we are led to believe the person wouldn't ever forget someone who made such a heinous act. So did the guy lied that he was ever tortured or just that this person was the perpetrator?

https://www.nsvrc.org/sites/default/files/Publications_NSVRC_Overview_False-Reporting.pdf

Studies indicate false claims happen between 2-10%. I'd call that not common. You found an instance where it happened and tossed out another one and you want to use that to make claims about overall trends. Do you even math, bro?

Torillian said:
DonFerrari said:

https://www.nsvrc.org/sites/default/files/Publications_NSVRC_Overview_False-Reporting.pdf

Studies indicate false claims happen between 2-10%. I'd call that not common. You found an instance where it happened and tossed out another one and you want to use that to make claims about overall trends. Do you even math, bro?

I've linked that stat several times already.  They will ignore it....again.

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

SpokenTruth said:
Torillian said:

I've linked that stat several times already.  They will ignore it....again.

I don't even mind disagreeing with the stat, but can we at least agree on how math works? "I found two examples and thus I think this instance is statistically common" or "The polls said Trump most likely wouldn't win and he did so now stats are all worthless" is just not how math works. If we can't even agree on that we're doomed from the start.