By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - US Midterm Elections 2018- Dems take the House, GOP Keeps the Senate.

Who did you vote for?

GOP Rep and GOP Senator 20 30.77%

Democrat Rep and Democrat Senator 38 58.46%

GOP Rep and Democrat Senator 0 0%

Democrat Rep and GOP Senator 4 6.15%

Third Party/Other 3 4.62%

Total:65

Well senator clown face narrowly got reelected but at least Pete Sessions lost so overall it was a good night for Texas.

Around the Network

Thousands of other votes was not counted because of voter suppression.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Looking like McSally might pick up Az, 13k lead,98% in and i think her turf of Pinal county is coming up for being counted next. Sinema's strong districts already in and counted

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

PwerlvlAmy said:
Looking like McSally might pick up Az, 13k lead,98% in and i think her turf of Pinal county is coming up for being counted next. Sinema's strong districts already in and counted

Yeah looks like the GOP will send up with 54 senate seats. More than I expected. 

jason1637 said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Yeah looks like the GOP will send up with 54 senate seats. More than I expected. 

I'm betting on Tester making a come from behind victory against Rosendale. 82% in and it's down to less than 3k vote lead for Rosendale. Looking like Tester gonna take this one

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

this actually helps trump, this is going to be a do nothing democrats ticket come 2020. the only downside is the horrible face of pig-losi, which in itself will help energize the right come 2020. all they will do is bitch moan and investigate. which if you look back it didnt help the republicans against slick willy in the 90s.

just glad Florida is red baby! fuck nelson and the communist gollum. it means i will keep my contract work for a bit longer, was fearing the tax hikes from gollum.

its also lovely to see how much the left spent in texas and threw it away on beto. lol

they will have to make a space for the mcdonalds playground in the house of reps for ocasio-cortez. what a joke she is and knows nothing at all about anything when she is asked.

also glad dan crenshaw won, fuck you SNL.

DarthMetalliCube said:
JWeinCom said:

Eh... if you think a swing of about 30 seats, and likely five or so governorships, is not a big deal, then you probably don't follow politics that closely.  It's kind of a big deal.  People are generally too set in their political parties for any sort of massive change.  Nobody expected Democrats to take like 50 seats cause that just doesn't happen.  Senate losses were expected simply because more democrats were up for reelection.  |

It's not quite the slam dunk that people would have hoped for (democratic people at least) but if you think this result is sweet for republicans, you're deluding yourself.  

Not really, it's the natural swinging of the pendulum. I pretty much expected at least a slight victory for the Dems in the house. The incumbent president's party tends to lose the seats during the mids. Obama lost a lot more in 2010 for the Dems from what I understand, resulting in the largest swing in like 70 years. Repubs had more to lose.

The "sweet" was meant as sarcasm. Though I suppose that doesn't come across so much over the internet..

The popular vote margin was larger than in 2010. But... gerrymandering is doing its job, I guess. That's sort of a big deal, considering the whole Tea Party thing opposed to the disorganized democratic opposition.

Overall, it seems very similar to 2006, when the economy was doing well, but Bush was largely unpopular.

These results are better than previous incumbent Presidents like Obama and Clinton. This is confirmation that Trump is a great President and guaranteed to be re-elected as President in 2020. In Trump, Americans trust. In Trump America's economy is getting stronger. In Trump, America's borders are protected.

I don't live in the US, but I've read about the situation in Georgia and it seems ridiculous. Why is a nominee allowed to oversee his own election?

Also, Democrats have a 9 million vote lead in the Senate popular vote, but still lost?
Such a beacon of democracy!