By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - US Midterm Elections 2018- Dems take the House, GOP Keeps the Senate.

Who did you vote for?

GOP Rep and GOP Senator 20 30.77%

Democrat Rep and Democrat Senator 38 58.46%

GOP Rep and Democrat Senator 0 0%

Democrat Rep and GOP Senator 4 6.15%

Third Party/Other 3 4.62%

Total:65
spurgeonryan said:
Funny how despite all the pushing and hatred towards Trump, democrats barely took the house and still lost the senate. Half the country is perfectly fine with Trump. The rest are just missinformed radicals trying to destroy the good thing Trumo has going for us. Congrats, you all gained nothing and Republicans gained nothing. Trump will do what he wants either way.

Yup.  Everyone who disagrees with you is just dumb.  Thank you for your contribution to the discourse.

Around the Network

Dems get the house and GOP adds to their Senate majority. But not by enough to pass stuff[60]. So for the next 2 years nothing will get passed, and that semi retarded black crazy woman will be in charge of finances. Awesome. No Immigration. No infrastructure. No tax cuts. No progress made. And the blue wave turned into just a tide cycle. Not that CNN will acknowledge even that. And Michigan must be racist too because they didn't elect a black guy.? That IS how it works, right?

spurgeonryan said:
Funny how despite all the pushing and hatred towards Trump, democrats barely took the house and still lost the senate. Half the country is perfectly fine with Trump. The rest are just missinformed radicals trying to destroy the good thing Trumo has going for us. Congrats, you all gained nothing and Republicans gained nothing. Trump will do what he wants either way.

I honestly can't tell if you're trolling or not. Believe it or not there are legitimate reasons to not like trump. There's more to politics than just economics and tax cuts and while I will admit Trump's economy is good for me that doesn't excuse the way he handles the environment, immigration, education, healthcare, Saudi Arabia, Israel, trans rights ect

Wiibaron said:
Dems get the house and GOP adds to their Senate majority. But not by enough to pass stuff[60]. So for the next 2 years nothing will get passed, and that semi retarded black crazy woman will be in charge of finances. Awesome. No Immigration. No infrastructure. No tax cuts. No progress made. And the blue wave turned into just a tide cycle. Not that CNN will acknowledge even that. And Michigan must be racist too because they didn't elect a black guy.? That IS how it works, right?

This was about what was expected from the "blue wave" so there is no need for the narrative to change.  There was 2 years of a majority to get to work on those things which didn't quite happen, and on the whole people weren't happy with it.  So that's democracy.  I suppose they could try to pass legislation which will attain bipartisan support.  The system actually was designed with obstruction in mind.  It's probably gotten worse with the rise of political parties, but the founding fathers did design the system for it to be hard to make big changes.  

Out of curiosity, was there a reason you felt black was relevant in your description?

spurgeonryan said:
JWeinCom said:

Yup.  Everyone who disagrees with you is just dumb.  Thank you for your contribution to the discourse.

Whoever said anything like that all? You democrats are so filled with hatred.

Yup.  And hateful too.  You're totally not just insulting those who disagree with you.  Way to prove your point champ.

Around the Network
collint0101 said:
spurgeonryan said:

I honestly can't tell if you're trolling or not. Believe it or not there are legitimate reasons to not like trump. There's more to politics than just economics and tax cuts and while I will admit Trump's economy is good for me that doesn't excuse the way he handles the environment, immigration, education, healthcare, Saudi Arabia, Israel, trans rights ect

The left is so anti-Israel it isn't even funny. The whole Iran deal could've resulted in the annihilation of millions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnS-Oy8MKUM

Damn. We're just gonna have policy gridlock now. Hopefully the 2 parties stop having dick measuring contests and actually compromise on different issues. Not getting my hopes up though.

Snoopy said:
collint0101 said:

The left is so anti-Israel it isn't even funny. The whole Iran deal could've resulted in the annihilation of millions.

I'm not anti israel I'm anti human rights abuses. The way I see it Israel shits on human rights just as often as the Islamic regimes that keep threatening to wipe them off the map. 

Snoopy said:
collint0101 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnS-

There's no need to post the link if it just repeats what you said without adding any additional content.  I was legitimately curious to see why this would have led to the annhialation of millions, but there's no actual explanation there, just an assertion.  Why do you believe this to be the case?

collint0101 said:
Snoopy said:

I'm not anti israel I'm anti human rights abuses. The way I see it Israel shits on human rights just as often as the Islamic regimes that keep threatening to wipe them off the map. 

Then you see it wrong.  I'm not going to claim Israel is perfectly innocent, but look into it and it's not even close.  The number of deaths caused by the Islamic regimes dwarfs those caused by Israel, even adjusted by population.  The state of Israel has never had a death penalty for apostasy, homosexuality, has never engaged in female genital mutilation, has never advocated genocide, has never kept children as sex slaves, has never sentenced a woman to be gang raped, etc etc.  Never used chemical weapons on their enemies, yet alone their own civilians, and so on.  Various regimes in the middle east, and in many cases recognized governments of various Islamic states have done these things.  

Israel has done things they need to be held accountable for.  But that is a completely false equivalency.