By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo has more 3DS games in development for the turn of the year...

Bring on the Link's Awakening remake!!

Around the Network

Just when I thought I was out, they ... keep me out and playing the Switch instead.

It's easy to see why Nintendo wants to continue supporting the 3DS, though. It's a lot of revenue for little investment and they might be worried about how much profit they'll miss by dropping an entire 2nd system.

No surprise to me, it's still selling over 1M units a year. Can't wait to see what else they do with the software.

Is it safe to assume there will be more remakes???

Have a nice day...

Sweet. I'm not ready to shelf my 3DS just yet. Still several games I wanna get and play.

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Did you seriously write that title with a "!" ?

That caught my attention as well, but it's a tragic news story, so it's understandable. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Well its still selling a few million annually. Also, Nintendo handhelds tend to get like a decade of support, give or take. DS was supported for about 10 years, 3DS is still years away from being that old.

I enjoyed the 3DS, my only gripe is the New 3DS was a missed opportunity. It should have had power closer to Vita and double the resolution. I think that would have made the New 3DS great success and a worthy upgrade.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

More Wii U Ports!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

They are also trying to show Japanese devs that, yes, they are not Sony and will not drop an old (cheaper to develop for) system like hot butter. Because Japanese devs liked the Vita but Sony failed them

I'm fine with it as long as the games are not really significant/resource intensive (3DS already has a large enough library).

What does a 5/6/7 year old really need a portable HD console for? 3DS has hundreds of games and virtually every Nintendo IP that are perfectly fun to play and introduce them to those characters for 1/3 the price.

I think it's fine if 3DS is basically the "kids" or "entry level" Nintendo machine for kids that want more than just Pokemon Go or Mario Run. If Nintendo can sell millions of NES and SNES systems in this day and age and that game play still holds up, 3DS is light years more advanced than that and those games are still perfectly fun to play.

If you can sell NES Classic and SNES Classic, I don't see the big deal is selling 3DS for a few more years. Offer more games on the eShop (DS titles should be brought onboard) too. 

Switch meanwhile can focus on an older demographic.