By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo has more 3DS games in development for the turn of the year...

What else they will say, they cant say 3DS is dead, they want 3DS continue selling further more, but their actions saying more than their words, this year 3DS had much less Nintendo games than last year, and next year it will be even less.
I can bet that next year will be year when 3DS finaly dies.

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 31 October 2018

Around the Network

This next year will likely see a Switch mini that will fill the portability, simplicity, customizability, and durability appeal of the 3DS. This will put the final end to 3DS. 

It doesn't matter what it is, I'm not turning my 3ds on again. So hope it comes to the switch too eventually.

Mar1217 said:
HAHAHA ! YESSSS ! More games to my 3DS librairy :D

Entire Mario & luigi RPG series on it? sure why not :P  (currently only 1,4,5 right?)
Maybe some of the older pokemon games ported? Gen5 and down.
Some more 2D mario games wouldnt be bad either.

Im just glad they said they would do Yokai Watch 3 for it (or did I dream that up?)

twintail said:
Nintendo not happy that 3DS hasnt even caught up to the PSP yet?

but good for 3DS users, more games coming your way. Can port to Switch later down the line and resell the games again.

I think Nintendo doesn't care for milestones, especially compared to other companies systems. What they care for is more money in their pockets, and that is easy to make on 3DS.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

"Around the turn of the year", meaning late 2018-early 2019 and had pictures of Luigis Mansion/Mario & Luigi remakes next to it.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
"Around the turn of the year", meaning late 2018-early 2019 and had pictures of Luigis Mansion/Mario & Luigi remakes next to it.

Yeah, that quote  sounds like they will cease continued support after the fiscal year.

Mr Puggsly said:
Well its still selling a few million annually. Also, Nintendo handhelds tend to get like a decade of support, give or take. DS was supported for about 10 years, 3DS is still years away from being that old.

I enjoyed the 3DS, my only gripe is the New 3DS was a missed opportunity. It should have had power closer to Vita and double the resolution. I think that would have made the New 3DS great success and a worthy upgrade.

Well, vita is only around 3 times stronger than New 3DS btw

HoangNhatAnh said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Well its still selling a few million annually. Also, Nintendo handhelds tend to get like a decade of support, give or take. DS was supported for about 10 years, 3DS is still years away from being that old.

I enjoyed the 3DS, my only gripe is the New 3DS was a missed opportunity. It should have had power closer to Vita and double the resolution. I think that would have made the New 3DS great success and a worthy upgrade.

Well, vita is only around 3 times stronger than New 3DS btw

Yeah, that's pretty significant.

People would also be more hyped about New 3DS exclusive is the disparity in quality was greater.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

cycycychris said:

"We are also preparing new titles for the Nintendo 3DS family for release around the turn of the year." - page 16

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2018/181031_2e.pdf

3DS game sales have taken a large fall in the last year, but there still probably cheap ass heck to make. I wonder if this will be last year the 3DS gets support. I have a feeling it'll be mostly ports, like they've been doing the last like year or 2.

From Resetera:

You guys do realise Nintendo is only talking about Luigi Mansion and Mario & Luigi RPG 3 right?

This is the phrase used in Jp presentation

ニンテンドー3DSシリーズに向けては、年末年始に向けて

も新作タイトルをご用意しています。

so they're basically just saying there'll be new 3ds titles for this holiday and around new year, which we already knew about.

So thread title is inaccurate.