By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Q2 Report - Switch hardware total 22.86 millions - 50% of Online Users paid for the year

Miyamotoo said:
x-blades12 said:

Haha thanks for this, but if its 2.9m that makes it a heck of a lot tougher. 3.5 is a good guess but it sets to about 16.5m. This makes 20m a hard sale. I still feel like it could happen though

Switch could sell around 10m in next quarter and around 3.5-4m in quarter after, that would roughly put Switch at around 18.5-19m. For 20m they need 11m in holiday season quarter and 4m in quarter after that, it hard but it's achievable. I think even if they dont hit 20m, they will hit at least around 18m (so Holiday season around 9-10m and quarter after that 3-4m).

I have no clue what bracket spring 2019 falls under, but if FE: three houses comes out before the end of the fiscal year, then nintendo is guaranteed 20m.

Around the Network

Super Mario 3D Land < 3 only by 560k behind Super Mario Galaxy in sales with holidays ahead...

Last edited by tak13 - on 31 October 2018

PortisheadBiscuit said:
Jumpin said:

Probably about the same number as games on the Wii U that had U after them on Wii U, or 64 after them on the N64.

I'm pretty sure you know I'm referring to Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Fit, etc; Not New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii etc; 

I'm not a mind reader. Why would this be relevant?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

RolStoppable said:
@SKMBlake

Nintendo has clarified the Switch Online portion you have in your thread title. Over 50% of those who paid for a subscription have chosen a 12-month-plan, either individual or family membership. So your thread title would have to state "over 50% of Switch Online subscribers paid for the year" or you remove that part altogether because it isn't really interesting.

I don't see the difference, "online users" are obviously the ones who paid for the service

x-blades12 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Switch could sell around 10m in next quarter and around 3.5-4m in quarter after, that would roughly put Switch at around 18.5-19m. For 20m they need 11m in holiday season quarter and 4m in quarter after that, it hard but it's achievable. I think even if they dont hit 20m, they will hit at least around 18m (so Holiday season around 9-10m and quarter after that 3-4m).

I have no clue what bracket spring 2019 falls under, but if FE: three houses comes out before the end of the fiscal year, then nintendo is guaranteed 20m.

Nintendo's FY is up to March I believe. And seeing as it was originally slated for 2018 it's possible.

Plus a lot of games in the series tend to launch late febuary-early april time perioud

Around the Network

3DS in Q2 last year: 1.91 million for the quarter, 2.86 million YTD

3DS in Q2 this year: 0.64 million for the quarter, 1 million YTD

So down over 65% YOY. Good.