By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Q2 Report - Switch hardware total 22.86 millions - 50% of Online Users paid for the year

PortisheadBiscuit said:
Stuart23 said:

If this wasn't mentioned yet, the website also shows that Switch have surpassed the total software sales of the Wii U lifetime.

That software attachment rate for the Wii U tho...

It says quite a bit about the quality of Switch games. Especially when you consider Switch has more games on the market already than the Wii U. Nobody cares if you have 1000 games available on your console when most of it are shovelware trash and overpriced ports. 

Around the Network

Like many people have already said here. Q2 and Q3 are up year and year. Last year's quarterly for the holiday season was at 7.24 million, if we follow the trend, q1+q2 sold 4.89m. Our current cumulative is sitting at 5.07m. That would be up roughly ~3.7% (I could be doing this all wrong) but if we just base it solely on trend then 7.24*1.037~7.51m. This is not factoring into account both Pokemon and smash. Top that off with all the games released in the past year plus available bundle,s makes switch a far more appealing system than it was 1 year ago.
Even if we kept the estimates low, we could assume the switch would sell 8m this quarter. I'd predict anything between 8-10m is more than feasible.
So with that said. if we say its sitting at 8m that would have it sitting at 13m. 7 m short. I can't find the q4 2018 report from January to March, but iirc it was at ~4m? so at 4m we would see sales sitting at 17m. I'd prop that up to about 5m or 18m.
Prediction:
min: 18m
max: 20m

HintHRO said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

It says quite a bit about the quality of Switch games. Especially when you consider Switch has more games on the market already than the Wii U. Nobody cares if you have 1000 games available on your console when most of it are shovelware trash and overpriced ports. 

Says nothing about quality because Wii U's sales are across 5 years Switch is with in 2, come 5 years software sales on Switch will be way above Wii U.

HintHRO said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

The Switch's attach ratio is perfectly fine for a console out 18 months. It's actually slightly higher than the PS4's ratio at that point in time.

Signature goes here!

SpokenTruth said:
quickrick said:

nintendo shipped 300k for a quarter and remianed with a 10 million forcast when there was 0 chance to make the forecast.

Let's try this again.  Why are you lying?  They have downgraded their shipment forecasts before.  Several times.

What you posted doesn't change that.

i was speaking in context they would only change the forecast if it was 200% guaranteed  they wouldn't make the forcast

look here https://www.neogaf.com/threads/nintendo-q2-wii-u-300k-ltd-3-91m.706561/

wiiu shipped shipped basically nothing for Q2 and they stuck with the 10 million forcast.

Around the Network
quickrick said:
SpokenTruth said:

Let's try this again.  Why are you lying?  They have downgraded their shipment forecasts before.  Several times.

What you posted doesn't change that.

i was speaking in context they would only change the forecast if it was 200% guaranteed  they wouldn't make the forcast

look here https://www.neogaf.com/threads/nintendo-q2-wii-u-300k-ltd-3-91m.706561/

wiiu shipped shipped basically nothing for Q2 and they stuck with the 10 million forcast.

That's your problem though. You say something outrageous which is demonstrably false, then you get called out in it, then you contextualize your statement afterwards. That leaves you with zero credibility. If your goal is to express your opinion and have people take it into consideration, why not make sure your point is understood immediately? Instead of going for the hyperbole and inciting people to jump at you because you're spreading false information?

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:

From ZhugeEx's Twitter:

The Switch is in great company after 18 months.

Holy shit. Thanks for this. So ps4 ain't falling behind ps2 anytime soon. It's consistency is insane. Will it be the fastest console ever to hit 100m? I think it will. Gonna post this in the other threads if you don't mind? 

Kerotan said:
TruckOSaurus said:

From ZhugeEx's Twitter:

The Switch is in great company after 18 months.

Holy shit. Thanks for this. So ps4 ain't falling behind ps2 anytime soon. It's consistency is insane. Will it be the fastest console ever to hit 100m? I think it will. Gonna post this in the other threads if you don't mind? 

Go ahead! It's not mine to begin with

It'll be interesting to see where the PS4 lands after Q3.

Signature goes here!

Regarding the Wii U attach ratio it's higher because attach ratios rise as a system gets older people, use some common sense. A person who owns a system for 3-4 years is going to have more games for it than someone who owns a system for 6-12 months most likely. As Switch gets older, its attach ratio will rise, the software sales on the Switch are very strong, way past the 3DS or Wii U at equivalent time points.

Hardware wise its trending basically right on par with the PS4. The challenge as I've said for Nintendo is going to be getting high sales in the later years of its life cycle, but that should be doable with a Pro revision.

Switch Forecast still at 20M!! Damn nity is realy confident in smash and pokemon! I can see than at 17-18 M, but 20M is just too much!