By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Q2 Report - Switch hardware total 22.86 millions - 50% of Online Users paid for the year

Kerotan said:
OTBWY said:
Very good numbers. There goes the GC goalpost, on to the N64 goalpost. Seems like the cliff is not in sight yet. heh, whaddya know.

You'd think you would be positive about this good news but you just had to bring in negativity from a single vgchartz poster. 

Can anybody go into detail about the online number? Does online subscriber mean people who signed up to the online when it was free? And now now half of them have subbed to the paid online? 

Any idea how many signed up when it was free? 

My comment was all positive. What are you talking about?

Around the Network
Stuart23 said:

If this wasn't mentioned yet, the website also shows that Switch have surpassed the total software sales of the Wii U lifetime.

That software attachment rate for the Wii U tho...

OTBWY said:
Kerotan said:

You'd think you would be positive about this good news but you just had to bring in negativity from a single vgchartz poster. 

Can anybody go into detail about the online number? Does online subscriber mean people who signed up to the online when it was free? And now now half of them have subbed to the paid online? 

My comment was all positive. What are you talking about?

Who knows, why he's even in this thread to begin with seems odd.  

Stuart23 said:
Kerotan said: 

Furukawa said that 50% of the online users bought the annual plan. The free trial was just like a week. He was talking about people who actually went to buy the 1-year membership.

Have we anyway to estimate the number of Nintendo online subs? Do we have a number? 

@portishead i can go in any thread I want and the reason I'm in this is because Nintendo financial results interest me. Get over it. 

Kerotan said:
Stuart23 said:

Furukawa said that 50% of the online users bought the annual plan. The free trial was just like a week. He was talking about people who actually went to buy the 1-year membership.

Have we anyway to estimate the number of Nintendo online subs? Do we have a number? 

Nope. That weird percentage is all they revealed. Maybe they will go in more details when they have their presentation to investors in a few hours.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Around the Network

From ZhugeEx's Twitter:

The Switch is in great company after 18 months.

Last edited by TruckOSaurus - on 30 October 2018

Signature goes here!

Stuart23 said:

If this wasn't mentioned yet, the website also shows that Switch have surpassed the total software sales of the Wii U lifetime.

That's kind of sad

The initial post is leaving out Mario Kart 8 Deluxe with sales of 11.71 million.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

TruckOSaurus said:

From ZhugeEx's Twitter:

The Switch is in great company after 18 months.

Wow! I mean, wedged between PS4 and PS2...not a bad spot at all. And geez, Wii makes everything look bad those first 3 years 

PortisheadBiscuit said:
Stuart23 said:

That software attachment rate for the Wii U tho...

I'm not sure if you consider it high or low.

It's high compared to the Switch because the Switch is new, people are still buying games for it. The Wii U is done selling games in any number of significance.
Compared to the Wii (another dead home console), the Wii U has a low software attachment rate (Wii is 1.5 games per unit higher).

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.