By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What do you think of RDR2 so far? (for those who are playing it)

I have to agree that the start is kind of slow. I didn't yet make it past that bump, but I'm sure I'll enjoy the game after it opens up and did love RDR. On the other hand I picked up AC:Odyssey and couldn't put it down for 9 hours straight... so I'd say they got their early game set up better than RDR:2.

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network
Baddman said:
Mr.Joker said:

Hmm Fishing is really fun,i have spent Hours just trying to fish one legendary fish

fishing is what I have done most in this game. especially when i just want to sit back and relax

I made time lapse videos to sit back and relax. Fishing is fine as long as I don't catch anything. For one side mission I spend 10 minutes trying to reel in some epic fish. My right thumb burning from trying to rotate the stick, switching to my index and middle finger trying to rotate that effing stick. Accessibility options go further than hold instead of tap!

I haven't fired up the game anymore since last week. GT Sport is back in the drive and likely to stay there. I would love to hear some impressions of the multiplayer as the beta should be rolling out soon. I imagine lots of crowds in the popular fishing spots all happily fishing next to each other :)

SvennoJ said:
Baddman said:

fishing is what I have done most in this game. especially when i just want to sit back and relax

I made time lapse videos to sit back and relax. Fishing is fine as long as I don't catch anything. For one side mission I spend 10 minutes trying to reel in some epic fish. My right thumb burning from trying to rotate the stick, switching to my index and middle finger trying to rotate that effing stick. Accessibility options go further than hold instead of tap!

I haven't fired up the game anymore since last week. GT Sport is back in the drive and likely to stay there. I would love to hear some impressions of the multiplayer as the beta should be rolling out soon. I imagine lots of crowds in the popular fishing spots all happily fishing next to each other :)

Well, I don't play it as much either still to the far west on my map with no intent on going back to shadybelle so I'm probably going to be on chapter 4  forever. I im curious about multiplayer but doubt I'll play it refuse to pay for psplus after sony banned my IP for no reason 2 yrs ago a week after I subscribed and refused to give me a refund or simply unban my ip

Still think its an awesome game but there's so much content i will be taking a break between each chapter to complete other games.

Took me 120 hours to get to the credits anyway this week online is up I wonder how it will feel.

Around the Network

I haven't played this game in a while but I stumbled on an old thread on another forums and looks like after the latest patch there has been some downgrade I'm a little sad by it since I didn't notice anything bad with the original but it was first brought to the attention of PS4 Pro owners who then wondered if the XB1X version also got a downgrade and looks like it has. It's most notable on Valentine particularly the outside of the general store.

I don't know if this is a big deal for some but I was surprised by it.

old pic taken a few weeks back. XB1X

just taken after the latest patch XB1X

It actually looks like the lighting is more accurate. In the first picture there is no reason for the whole front of the left building to be lit up. It doesn't look as nice though. Perhaps they're messing around with the lighting to fix HDR?

I am at about 52% total completion. Doing almost everything.

The length of animations are really dragging the game. Also, the unfairness of getting beat up and then having a witness tell on you is pissing me off.

OTBWY said:
I am at about 52% total completion. Doing almost everything.

The length of animations are really dragging the game. Also, the unfairness of getting beat up and then having a witness tell on you is pissing me off.

Yes I feel the same Part of me thinks I want to play and do more but the animations have become more annoying as time goes on as well as the controls.

This game has the potential to cause shit ton of controversy. I have seen articles about streamers killing women and misogyny.