By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What do you think of RDR2 so far? (for those who are playing it)

I did a few story missions yet abandoned them again to explore more. One of the missions started to teleport me across the new map so I cancelled that. I want to fill in the map at my own pace, not have little revealed islands mess up my discovery of the map .It does mean running into closed doors all the time, take out all the bad guys yet the content is locked behind glued shut doors.There's still plenty to discover anyway.

I canoed down the new river, however for the second leg canoes would not spawn again. I took one up from all the way down and of course when I finally got back up the canoes were back. It's so glitchy. If you save too close they are always gone, save further away and you have a chance they will be there. Of course you don't keep anything when you camp or save/reload. And the teleporting when camping and saving is even worse in the new territory. I camp and end up in a different zone. I save, reload the game on my other tv and I'm somewhere completely different with a different time of day lol. Camp in a valley, wake up on top of a ridge with no way back down. Why is it so hard to remember x,y where I am! So immersion breaking when you find a nice spot to camp, select the option and end up half a kilometer away up a vertical cliff.

And the story ignoring my actual state continues. I had to take out a bank loan for $405 for the story while I have over $1350 cash in pocket. So I blew it on a new Arabian, a silver brownish grey girl. Btw girl horses aren't any better at avoiding trees than boy horses. She hasn't run off a cliff yet, that's a plus! I sold some more crap and got the rolling block rifle back, shooting deer from a distant is still very satisfying. The game is still fun, smart move to lock a third of the map away until the epilogue. Only reason I still put up with the story missions. I did play Tetris effect instead last night in actual HDR, amazing! (you have to turn HDR on in the settings than the screen goes black for 10 seconds or more, don't panic I guess it reloads the game)

Around the Network

Ughh every time I’m seeing the title of this thread I’m reading “What do you think of R2D2”..

Damn even a damn bounty pulls me in like its an important main cinematic mission.

My surveying of the Western lands is now complete. Great place to explore, lot of hostile people!

I managed to track around the sea of Coronado and found a way off the map, yet got stopped at the end by an invisible wall.

So close, yet so far.

Please lemme in, I want to explore further!

I tried for 20 minutes yet my horse started to get enough of my attempts

As it was getting darker my horse only got better at his body slam move

Yeah, I hate you too horse.

Anyway my actual purpose was finding a boat so I ran all the way back to the waterfall along the shore to double check. Unfortunately no boat and no way to lower one down the waterfall, it won't survive the drop. Then I got curious where you actually can glitch into Mexico, so checked online and it turns out I was in the right spot. Just didn't get 'lucky'. I send my horse back there in cinematic mode, gonna try again!

Oh well, tried for another 30 minutes, guess I'm only good at getting glitches to work against me :) Time for another hunt!

Last edited by SvennoJ - on 14 November 2018

Anyone still playing this?

I finally reached the second end credits, epilogue finished. It didn't use much of the rest of the map, perhaps some new stuff will pop up after the credits stop rolling. I finished my second time lapse video as well, this time with a lot more effort on the music side. Share factory isn't all that great for making a soundtrack yet I found a way.

First off overlooking Valentine with various weather conditions over the spawn of multiple days, followed by Twin stack pass and a quiet late afternoon in Rhodes. The weather turns bad while looking out over Dover Hill. Time for a stormy train ride through the night to Saint Denis to hop in a hot air balloon on the way to Annesburg.
Early next morning I hop in a canoe for a full days paddle to Blackwater, passing Van Horn and Saint Denis on the way. There an overlook of the construction site and a view from the windmill tower. Tall trees is next and another canoe ride down the lower Montana river to Manteca falls for a view at the Presidio in Mexico.
A sand storm erupts while looking back at the falls from Rio del Lobo. A short train ride to and looking out over Armadillo before the final act, how many Pinkertons does it take to take down Arthur.

Great world with amazing cinematics that can still make my jaw drop after 2 weeks.

Around the Network
John2290 said:

Yep, still playing end game and swapping between saves on a fresh story run, I can't get enough of it even though the end game for 100 percent completion as well 70 gold medals and Hunting quests is ridiculously hard. Hopefully beat saber can pull me away from it next week. 

I want to play more as well, yet ran out of new things to discover. There's still the needle in the haystack things like the treasure maps and missing collectibles, not that much fun. Too bad there is no way to know which quests I might have missed. I completed the game at 87% only 35% or so trophy wise.

Perhaps I'll start another play through anyway. Now I know honor doesn't mean a thing I don't have to worry about running into people anymore! Here's a nifty map to find stuff
https://reddeadredemption2map.de/c/#4/-70.00/-99.00
Useful if you know what you already have or know what you're looking for. Kinda pointless when you're looking for the missing items! I see I have 2 more legendary animals to track down!

Platinumed the spyro trilogy happy to go back rdr2 =p

Well the game isn't that much fun as a needle in a haystack simulator. Tetris effect has been drawing my attention away. It's a shame the mission design is not enticing at all to start another play through. I did get 3 more legendary animals,, just the panther left which requires a lot of work to unlock. I still need those 3 perfect rabbit pelts to even get started on the huntsman path. That just feels like work tbh.

Overall I would score the game a solid 8. World design is easily a 10 yet there's too much standing in the way to regard is as anywhere near a perfect game. I'm still surprised over 10% finished the full story, although that number is likely to go down with more casual sales following.

SvennoJ said:
Well the game isn't that much fun as a needle in a haystack simulator. Tetris effect has been drawing my attention away. It's a shame the mission design is not enticing at all to start another play through. I did get 3 more legendary animals,, just the panther left which requires a lot of work to unlock. I still need those 3 perfect rabbit pelts to even get started on the huntsman path. That just feels like work tbh.

Overall I would score the game a solid 8. World design is easily a 10 yet there's too much standing in the way to regard is as anywhere near a perfect game. I'm still surprised over 10% finished the full story, although that number is likely to go down with more casual sales following.

Agree with most things you say here and also i would have like more things to invest in with money like property.

Immersiveunreality said:
SvennoJ said:

Agree with most things you say here and also i would have like more things to invest in with money like property.

That will be for RDR2 online.