By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash's full roster may have just been leaked UPDATE: Nintendo might have just confirmed this themselves (accidentally)

I heard the grinch poster behind is never before seen and that this was posted by someone that works at a French company with links to Namco. This might actually be real.

Around the Network

Barkley said:
Banjo... Yeah no this is fake.

To be fair, Phil Spencer said a while back that he would like to see Banjo make an appearance in Smash. Plus, with Cross Play being a big deal between MS and Nintendo currently, maybe MS threw Nintendo a bone by allowing his inclusion. You never know.. 

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

It's possible MS + Nintendo reached a certain deal. They already have Mario cross collab in Minecraft, so getting a deal for Banjo in Smash and possibly some Rare content on N64 Classic makes sense.

If Banjo and Geno are legit, I think it's Sakurai's way of giving the fans more or less everything they wanted. 

Last edited by Soundwave - on 24 October 2018

pikashoe said:
I heard the grinch poster behind is never before seen and that this was posted by someone that works at a French company with links to Namco. This might actually be real.

Yeah, the dude did a shit job covering his name and had to delete his LinkedIn after people tracked him down. Still suspicious, but cautiously optimistic about this.

The next direct should be incredible if this is true.

Why Ken and not Chun-Li?

Anyway, I have my doubts about Banjo-Kazooie, but the rest of the list makes some sense.

Around the Network
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Why Ken and not Chun-Li?

Anyway, I have my doubts about Banjo-Kazooie, but the rest of the list makes some sense.

Easier to develop Ken as an echo fighter than Chun Li as a completely new fighter, especially when you consider the time frame between development (late 2015) to now.

Kai_Mao said:
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Why Ken and not Chun-Li?

Easier to develop Ken as an echo fighter than Chun Li as a completely new fighter, especially when you consider the time frame between development (late 2015) to now.

Yeah, I know. It's just that I like her more than Ken.

Banjo is real. So is Ken.

It should be noted that if this leak is real, we should be getting a new direct within the next week, since I highly doubt that Nintendo would distribute the promotional material and keep risking of leaks happening by not showing all they want about the game(like it just happened).

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:
Kai_Mao said:

Yeah, I know. It's just that I like her more than Ken.

I understand. Chun Li would actually be my choice too if time permitted.

In fact, she was one of my picks at the ballot as I used to think about her and Ryu interacting and fighting in Smash Bros. I got Ryu back in 2015, so I hope one day, Chun Li can seal her place as "The Strongest Woman in the World" among the pantheons of female characters assembled in the game such as Zelda, Samus, Bayonetta, Rosalina, Peach, Palutena, etc. Smash Bros. is basically now THE crossover event in gaming, especially now that Marvel vs. Capcom has kinda stumbled recently.