By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How many hours a day do you spend playing video games?

How many hours a day do you spend playing video games?

Less than 30 min 6 8.96%

30 min - 1 hour 5 7.46%

1 hour - 1.5 hours 8 11.94%

1.5 - 2 hours 14 20.90%

2 - 3 hours 10 14.93%

3 - 4 hours 5 7.46%

4 - 5 hours 5 7.46%

5 - 6 hours 4 5.97%

6 - 24 hours 6 8.96%

24+ hours 4 5.97%

Total:67

Ive mostly been playing Skyrim recently, after I got it for my switch when I went on holiday, it's been about 5 weeks... In that time I've played...

75 hours of Skyrim on switch

16 hours of Forza Horizon 4

6 hours of random assorted games.

4 hours of the original resident evil.

So recently I've been averaging about 2.88 hours a day! Slightly higher than usual for me I think, but might continue!

Around the Network

Depends. I can usually get 1-2 hours in each day, but it varies.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I either play 1-3 hours of video games on a given weekday or watch a movie/show. Sometimes I mix things up, sometimes I watch/play nothing at all and commit to editing my YouTube videos. On weekends, I generally play 3-4 hours on days where I'm also editing, 5-6 hours on weekend days where I'm left to my own devices, and usually put in 10-20 hours on a (whole) weekend where a new game hyped about launches.

If I'm capturing footage for my channel, however, those can easily be 10hrs+ days. I'm a weekend warrior in that regard, so sometimes playing video games is just fun, and some times its (the best kind of) work.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

I spend a lot of time when I hunt trophies and play Rocket League, in other cases not so much.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Too many

Around the Network

Hours a week would have been better.

I play an hour a day most days without question. Depending on if I play BO4 or Mario Party with my son and wife, it is sometimes more. There is no way to accurately say.

I play at least 3 hours in the morning on my day off, but again, depending on if I stay up past midnight for more game time, it could be more. Also playing games with the family is also a factor.

In the end, I probably average a bare minimum of 15 hours a week (avg out to 2-3 hours a day for the poll). That is about as accurate an answer as I can give.

Last edited by Shiken - on 21 October 2018

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I used to be a gamer.
Then I became an engineering student.....

I LOVE ICELAND!

It depends, but usually 1-2 hours a day.

If I'm really enjoying a game, then maybe 5 hours. Also, there are days when I don't play games at all.

It depends but I usually spent 2-3 hours gaming. Sometimes more sometimes less.

Well, i spent 6 hours yesterday and 4 hours today