By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is this community able to apologize ?

Not to me. I have been bad sometimes, so I have deserved a few critics and 1 banishment.

But I remember for sure, when a guy here proposed the theory that BotW could oversale Mario Odysee in the long term. He has been mocked by so many here...I was shocked to see how mean was people against him, most of the others in front of him did not have arguments. I have been in this situation already here, facing a group of people without argument, pretending that mine was not. At the end I could not resist to massively insult them, and I got banished.

Well it appears that the theory of this guy was not so stupid when we objectively see the sales numbers of Mario and Zelda these last few weeks.

Zelda won't probably make it until the number of Mario I believe even in 6 years from now, but its theory about longer legs for Zelda with a potential catching up, was not so stupid after all.

So if you read me dude, I just wanted to tell you that on this day, when I was reading your topic.....Well..I was sure that you were wrong ofcourse but here is a form of "partial apologize" with this message.

EDIT : after reading again the topic mentionned, people was not that bad actually. I believe that my brain had a little schizophrenic transformation after months, I have only remembered the very few mean messages.

Last edited by Amnesia - on 17 October 2018

Around the Network

Sometimes, people here really go too deep into this.

I don't really get how or why people did not see BOTH Odyssey and BOTW smashing their series respective records. It was so obvious both games were going to significantly grow their 3D audience.

As to who will win in the end, it depends on sequels on the switch. If there is another 3d Zelda on the switch, Mario wins. If there is another 3d mario game on switch, Zelda wins. If neither or both have sequels, I have no clue.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
I don't really get how or why people did not see BOTH Odyssey and BOTW smashing their series respective records. It was so obvious both games were going to significantly grow their 3D audience.

Well let's not forget BOTW was a launch title, many people didn't see Switch itself doing well at all until after launch. We just came off the absolutely terrible January switch presentation. Paid Online? Weaker specs than rumoured? More expensive than rumoured? Mario Kart isn't a launch title? WTF is 1-2-Switch? There's nothing but Zelda?

There were many reasons to question the Switch's prospects, and if the hardware wasn't going to do very well then BOTW wasn't going to be smashing any records. There were also reasons to question BOTW before reviews started rolling in. It looked empty, it was a big divergence for the series and it was Nintendo's first real go at an open world game. It could have easily turned out to have many problems.

Around the Network
Barkley said:

Well let's not forget BOTW was a launch title, many people didn't see Switch itself doing well at all until after launch. We just came off the absolutely terrible January switch presentation. Paid Online? Weaker specs than rumoured? More expensive than rumoured? Mario Kart isn't a launch title? WTF is 1-2-Switch? There's nothing but Zelda?

There were many reasons to question the Switch's prospects, and if the hardware wasn't going to do very well then BOTW wasn't going to be smashing any records. There were also reasons to question BOTW before reviews started rolling in. It looked empty, it was a big divergence for the series and it was Nintendo's first real go at an open world game. It could have easily turned out to have many problems.

That's true, although even if the Switch say only sold 32 million units lifetime, BOTW would still most likely be the single biggest Zelda ever. The only difference is that now we can say that even when including remasters or ports like Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D

RolStoppable said:
A link to the thread in question would be nice.

This is the answer you are looking for, OP.

You can link threads and even individual posts.  You can even create a thread where you invite those posters to a helping of delicious crow, if it's done in good taste and isn't spiteful.

Many people here just like to root for (and against) their favorite (or most despised) console.  Their opinions are often remembered and their predictions and judgments are taken with heavy doses of salt.

Some of these comments are off the cuff and they may have even forgot they made them

Here, I'll apologize.  Right after Labo was announced a thread came out asking which would sell more, Labo or God of War.  I was feeling cheeky so I chose Labo in the poll and probably in the thread as well.  We all get it wrong sometimes, even publishers and developers.

Well you should have been in some of the threads prior to and shortly after Switch launched, I remember the were people declaring that BOTW can't possibly outsell TP and OOT let alone even dream of hitting 10m because it was cel shaded and not the realism style approach TP and OOT went for.

Wyrdness said:

Well you should have been in some of the threads prior to and shortly after Switch launched, I remember the were people declaring that BOTW can't possibly outsell TP and OOT let alone even dream of hitting 10m because it was cel shaded and not the realism style approach TP and OOT went for.

Hm, I was active during that time period. I was even in the Nintendo January Switch Presentation thread (I remember writing "but guys, what if it disappoints us" and being sad that came true after). But yeah, I might not have seen every Zelda thread .. and I definitely didn't write in most of them.

Nah, it's too late to apologize. It's toooo late!

Last edited by TruckOSaurus - on 17 October 2018

Signature goes here!