By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Kanye West Gives and Amazing Speech at the White House.

Most celebrities, like most regular people, just fall in line. They believe what the TV or the masses on FB tells them to believe. They have few original thoughts. Kanye doesn't seem to be one of those people. And, for that, he gets my respect.

Beyond that.... well, I disagree with him quite a bit, especially with regard to his support for Trump. At least he has some original thoughts for me to disagree with though.

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

I am very conflicted on this whole Kanye thing. There is definitely an argument to be made for the fact that he is being tolerant towards intolerance. And it also would take a shit ton of time to fact check a lot of the statements he's made and stances he's taken. 

On the other hand ... damn ... this is the kind of stuff we need more. Positive efforts for improvement. I think a big problem with how our country is run now is that socially Democrats focus a lot on how bad this country is. They don't echo positivity, hell, a lot of them wanted to move to Canada just to exaggerate their hate for Trump. Wallowing in negativity is not a good way to improve the country. 

The best way to summarize it is that Kanye may be right to an extent ... but it's hard to know where the extent of his statements stops or begins. He is just so over the top whenever he explains a concept that I think it rubs people the wrong way. An example would be when he says that liberals use the concept of racism to try and steer black  voters away from the republican party. While that is true, how much of that is legitimate and how much of that is a farce by the liberals? Oh ... he didn't say, all he basically said was that racism is not something to be believed in as an issue. 

Lot of great things said, lot of things that go maybe a little too far. 

Also "I don't answer questions in soundbites" gotta admit ... that's a fucking brilliant statement. 

So? Why do we need to force people to be intolerant towards intolerance?

contestgamer said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

I am very conflicted on this whole Kanye thing. There is definitely an argument to be made for the fact that he is being tolerant towards intolerance. And it also would take a shit ton of time to fact check a lot of the statements he's made and stances he's taken. 

On the other hand ... damn ... this is the kind of stuff we need more. Positive efforts for improvement. I think a big problem with how our country is run now is that socially Democrats focus a lot on how bad this country is. They don't echo positivity, hell, a lot of them wanted to move to Canada just to exaggerate their hate for Trump. Wallowing in negativity is not a good way to improve the country. 

The best way to summarize it is that Kanye may be right to an extent ... but it's hard to know where the extent of his statements stops or begins. He is just so over the top whenever he explains a concept that I think it rubs people the wrong way. An example would be when he says that liberals use the concept of racism to try and steer black  voters away from the republican party. While that is true, how much of that is legitimate and how much of that is a farce by the liberals? Oh ... he didn't say, all he basically said was that racism is not something to be believed in as an issue. 

Lot of great things said, lot of things that go maybe a little too far. 

Also "I don't answer questions in soundbites" gotta admit ... that's a fucking brilliant statement. 

So? Why do we need to force people to be intolerant towards intolerance?

Where did I say that? We don't need to. 

I thought conservatives wanted people like Kanye to stick to their lane...
...like they said with Kaepernick...
...nothing? Wonder why...

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

Jimmy Kimmel's take on this cringe fest was pretty entertaining.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

Um..what is that supposed to mean?

Hip-hop and rap is music that isn't known for intellectual lyrics or even human decency. If that is used as the basis for your expectations, then being mere average as far as coherence goes can already be considered amazing. If your expectations are based on a normal level though, then "amazing" turns into "average at best".

I hope that explanation helped.

100%.

jason1637 said:
RolStoppable said:

Hip-hop and rap is music that isn't known for intellectual lyrics or even human decency. If that is used as the basis for your expectations, then being mere average as far as coherence goes can already be considered amazing. If your expectations are based on a normal level though, then "amazing" turns into "average at best".

There are many big lyrical rappers like Kendrick Laman,  Logic, J Cole.

lol. "Big Lyrical". They're less silly than the average rapper, but that doesn't make them big lyricals. This only enforces what I said, the standards for being great in that medium needs to be revised.

irstupid said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

Um..what is that supposed to mean?

Didn't you hear?

Kanye is just a token black guy for the Trump admin to tote around and show off.

Nah, I just refuse to give him a pass because he represents a minority. Ironically, the roles have reversed and conservatives are hailing some gibberish because it's coming from Kanye

LurkerJ said:
RolStoppable said:

100%.

jason1637 said:

lol. "Big Lyrical". They're less silly than the average rapper, but that doesn't make them big lyricals. This only enforces what I said, the standards for being great in that medium needs to be revised.

irstupid said:

Didn't you hear?

Kanye is just a token black guy for the Trump admin to tote around and show off.

Nah, I just refuse to give him a pass because he represents a minority. Ironically, the roles have reversed and conservatives are hailing some gibberish because it's coming from Kanye

Have you listened to the rappers I mentioned? Also what musician (doesn't have to be a rapper) would you consider to be lyrical?

LurkerJ said:
RolStoppable said:

100%.

jason1637 said:

irstupid said:

Didn't you hear?

Phah, I don't give a shit about what Kanye has to say or says. He has never had my respect. I do respect him now though for speaking. 

Anyone, especially a black celebrity, standing up and standing behind Trump has got major balls. It takes zero effort to not say anything, or to go along with the rest of the media and hollywood and bash Trump. Doing the opposite is courage, imo, whether or not you like Trump or not. 

So Kanye now has my respect for standing up and doing something that he believes in in all the adversity that he is receivable and will receive. Do I give a shit in what he said or what his stance is? No. I've seen enough of him in the past, that he'd have to make a few more waves before I would start looking at his words. 

LurkerJ said:
RolStoppable said:

100%.

jason1637 said:

So who's an example of a "lyrical" rapper? Or are you just judging the entire genre as a whole? In which case, would make your entire "point" null and void. 

Last edited by PortisheadBiscuit - on 13 October 2018

You know you jokers never liked Kanye until he put on a MAGA hat. Gimme a break. He's still ranting the same nonsense.