By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Kanye West Gives and Amazing Speech at the White House.

I thought conservatives wanted people like Kanye to stick to their lane...
...like they said with Kaepernick...
...nothing? Wonder why...

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

Around the Network

Jimmy Kimmel's take on this cringe fest was pretty entertaining.

RolStoppable said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

Um..what is that supposed to mean?

Hip-hop and rap is music that isn't known for intellectual lyrics or even human decency. If that is used as the basis for your expectations, then being mere average as far as coherence goes can already be considered amazing. If your expectations are based on a normal level though, then "amazing" turns into "average at best".

I hope that explanation helped.

100%.

jason1637 said:
RolStoppable said:

Hip-hop and rap is music that isn't known for intellectual lyrics or even human decency. If that is used as the basis for your expectations, then being mere average as far as coherence goes can already be considered amazing. If your expectations are based on a normal level though, then "amazing" turns into "average at best".

There are many big lyrical rappers like Kendrick Laman,  Logic, J Cole.

lol. "Big Lyrical". They're less silly than the average rapper, but that doesn't make them big lyricals. This only enforces what I said, the standards for being great in that medium needs to be revised.

irstupid said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

Um..what is that supposed to mean?

Didn't you hear?

Kanye is just a token black guy for the Trump admin to tote around and show off.

Nah, I just refuse to give him a pass because he represents a minority. Ironically, the roles have reversed and conservatives are hailing some gibberish because it's coming from Kanye

LurkerJ said:
RolStoppable said:

100%.

jason1637 said:

lol. "Big Lyrical". They're less silly than the average rapper, but that doesn't make them big lyricals. This only enforces what I said, the standards for being great in that medium needs to be revised.

irstupid said:

Didn't you hear?

Kanye is just a token black guy for the Trump admin to tote around and show off.

Nah, I just refuse to give him a pass because he represents a minority. Ironically, the roles have reversed and conservatives are hailing some gibberish because it's coming from Kanye

Have you listened to the rappers I mentioned? Also what musician (doesn't have to be a rapper) would you consider to be lyrical?

LurkerJ said:
RolStoppable said:

100%.

jason1637 said:

irstupid said:

Didn't you hear?

Phah, I don't give a shit about what Kanye has to say or says. He has never had my respect. I do respect him now though for speaking. 

Anyone, especially a black celebrity, standing up and standing behind Trump has got major balls. It takes zero effort to not say anything, or to go along with the rest of the media and hollywood and bash Trump. Doing the opposite is courage, imo, whether or not you like Trump or not. 

So Kanye now has my respect for standing up and doing something that he believes in in all the adversity that he is receivable and will receive. Do I give a shit in what he said or what his stance is? No. I've seen enough of him in the past, that he'd have to make a few more waves before I would start looking at his words. 

Around the Network
LurkerJ said:
RolStoppable said:

100%.

jason1637 said:

So who's an example of a "lyrical" rapper? Or are you just judging the entire genre as a whole? In which case, would make your entire "point" null and void. 

Last edited by PortisheadBiscuit - on 13 October 2018

You know you jokers never liked Kanye until he put on a MAGA hat. Gimme a break. He's still ranting the same nonsense.

John2290 said:
I can't believe the mainstream lefist media are making this into a bad thing. I thought it was hyperbole when people say democrats in the US treat black people as their slaves politically but seeing the reaction to this and how racist they have exposed themselves I think it might have some semblance of being true. They seem to tokenize blacks for votes and to rally their own agendas and a black man meeting with Trump and wearing a MAGA hat seems to terrify them. I've seen nothing but racism from the left being thrown at Kanye over the last few days with only right wing people being the only sane voices. Now it's clear to be where and why racism is being kept alive and it's not the right. What I've seen on CNN the last 48 hours scares the fuck out of me. I hope this is a wake up call that unless the divisiveness stops we'll still be dealing with racism generations from now. Kanye has balls of steal to stand up for what he believes, use his influence to make change he sees as positoves and help out some people who were screwed over by the justice system and it's shameful the left are trying to tare him down loke a slave who stepped out of line. I'm ashamed to be on this earth with people who still act this way three generations strong post the civil rights movement.

People like you are annoying. I'm black and I don't vote republican because I refuse to vote for a party that doesn't believe in climate change or calls for banning Muslims or defends confederate statues or puts NRA support over gun reform or makes the process of legal immigration harder and more time consuming and no amount of incoherent rambling from a millionaire, out of touch rapper that hasn't worked a day at a real job since I was in diapers is going to change that. Why do people like you constantly assume that people like me a brainwashed  or a slave simply because I don't want any part of your bs 

If you stretch the definition of "amazing speech" - like - really, really stretch it, then yes this was an amazing speech. That or you have never heard an amazing speech in your life. Or you don't know what amazing is. Or a speech.

All the “MAGA” maniacs who love Kanye West now probably don’t listen to his music at all. I’m a huge hip-hop fan but have never been a huge Kanye fan. But his verse on the new Nas album would probably piss off all the MAGA folks who now love him. When he’s addressing police shootings of black kids and a certain “fake news” channel that always makes excuses for the occurrences.

Ultimately though, blacks must remember that we are not beholden to Democrats. We don’t all have to vote liberal and all don’t have to be liberals. I don’t care if Kanye wants to vote Republican because he’s far from being the only black Republican (even though he seems to think he is). However, shitting on black folks and saying we have a “slave’s mentality” is what I take issue with. For some reason right-wing blacks always seem to have to demean liberal blacks to get their point across. Liberal blacks do this to conservative blacks as well (maybe more but not at such a level).

Finally, this seems to be one big attention grab for Kanye. He’s not moving in such a way that seems genuine. He’s hamming it up and being over the top which makes it seem like a performance. He almost seems like he wants it to be a joke but he doesn’t realize he’s the punchline.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!