Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is your favorite Final fantasy game?

Favorite ff game?

FF1 0 0.00%

FF3 0 0.00%

FF4 7 8.33%

FF5 0 0.00%

FF6 22 26.19%

FF7 12 14.29%

FF8 9 10.71%

FF9 16 19.05%

FF10 11 13.10%

other 7 8.33%

Total:84

Honestly.... I think FFXI (11) the mmo.
Then its probably between X, VI, VII.

FFXII (12) was pretty darn good too, same with the IX.

Around the Network

Final F*

Hunting Season is done...

SammyGiireal said:
Kalkano said:
Favorite is 7. All of 6-10 are some of my favorite games of all time...and then Square drove the franchise off a cliff...

This. Best post.

The first mmo FF11, is by far my favorite mmo Ive ever played.
And FF12 doesnt get the respect it deserves imo, it too is a amasing game.

FF13 is where things started going bad.
FF14 (mmo) was decent but didnt capture me the way FF11 did.
FF15..... its okay but it didnt have the magic of past games (imo).

So I dont agree at all, that it went bad after 10.

XIII. Just to make sure nobody sees XII, my pick is 13. THIRTEEN.

Chinese food for breakfast

FF X.

Around the Network

Final Fantasy IX for me. I haven't revisited my top FF list in a while, but here's my off the top of my head take:

IX > X > IV > XIV > XII > XIII > XV > X-2 > XI > VIII > VII > LR: XIII > XIII-2 > II > VI > V > I > III

For the record, this is my favorite game series of all time. I love it dearly, so something low on the list is not bad. The only FF games that I didn't really like were V and III.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

COKTOE said:

but why? Aside from graphics/sound it had no redeeming factors, and even the graphics/sound were generic and bland even if they were crisp and detailed. 

I got it all, baby! 

PS4, Switch, WiiU, XBO, PC
Vita, 3DS, Android

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II

The one featuring Teen SEALs...

It was Britain, it is America, tomorrow France and next year, the world... 

Warning: This poster has a very negative opinion of Sony and Nintendo, Idea Factory and companies Tecmo Koei, EA, BioWare, Blizzard, Treyarch, Infinity Ward, Kadokawa and Sega. If you have very positive views of these and a negative view of Microsoft or Bethesda Game Studios, AVOID ENGAGEMENT AT ALL COSTS! 

IV was my first FF. I assumed that this is the main reason why it is my favorite one.

Runa216 said:
    COKTOE said:

but why? Aside from graphics/sound it had no redeeming factors, and even the graphics/sound were generic and bland even if they were crisp and detailed. 

:) For now, I don't want to get into it tooooo much. I wouldn't say the graphics and sound  were generic or bland, but hey, more power to you.  From a gameplay standpoint, the battle system was easily my favorite. It's main weakness for me was that it to way to long to fully reveal it's excellence. In the main series, I have only played 6, 7, 13, and half of 13-2 ( I bailed because I totally messed up the character bulids ). FF VII basically made me quit the series for a decade. Not a fan. I think the original FF Tactics is my favorite game that bears the Final Fantasy name. It's between that and XIII.

Chinese food for breakfast