By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I choose...

Wii for the win! 48 62.34%

Wii U all the way! 29 37.66%

Total:77
Jumpin said:
ResilientFighter said:
I am amazed 25 people voted Wii U :o
Wii with out a doubt had almost every category going better for it other than graphics and portability

Virtually the same thing happened after the Gamecube era. Despite it being a horrible failure with significant droughts and games that didn't fit well on the console, there are still those that fanatically try to pretend it was some sort of golden age for Nintendo - though the reality is that it was a dark age.

Never under-estimate that contrarian contingent of us Nintendo fans to pretend like the company's biggest misses were awesome and the biggest successes were garbage.

So very true. I remember having to defend the 64 when people would say gamecube was far superior and would break its success record when i was in middle school, then the wii u was supposed to be the next wii in sales when i was in high school.

SNES Wii and the Switch will always be in my eyes the true masterpieces of nintendo consoles growing up until now. 

Around the Network

Wii U for me because I enjoyed more games there than on the Wii. Although both have great librarys no doubt, the Wii U has more games for me. Also, nothing beats miiverse. Also, gaming on the Gamepad was a game changer for me (pun intended). I love having the ability to play something while my gf used the TV simultaneously, and I still love this about the Switch.

Jumpin said:

Don't forget this cute little guy ;)

Jumpin said:

Virtually the same thing happened after the Gamecube era. Despite it being a horrible failure with significant droughts and games that didn't fit well on the console, there are still those that fanatically try to pretend it was some sort of golden age for Nintendo - though the reality is that it was a dark age.

Never under-estimate that contrarian contingent of us Nintendo fans to pretend like the company's biggest misses were awesome and the biggest successes were garbage.

So damn true.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 08 October 2018

Kind of tough.

Both were really enjoyable systems, Wii had more quality games, but the quality games that the Wii U had were something else for me.

As far as direct comparisons go:

New Mario U was a great game, better than Wii, Mario Maker was pretty special and 3D World is something I enjoyed more than both Galaxy games, still amazing tho.

Prefer Wii Zelda, played TP and SS there even if far from my favorites, U had Hyrule Warriors which was really nice, BotW I experienced on the Switch.

Tropical Freeze is one of the best 2D platformers ever made, much better and with more identity than Returns.

I vastly prefer Xenoblade Chronicles X to the original.

Super Paper Mario I prefer to Color Splash.

Kirby well, it had 2 games on Wii so that wins, both have great games as usual with the series. And those are some examples.

Third party stuff I won't go too into, basically some really great gems on the Wii vs the great indie titles on the Wii U.

As far as unique first party go, Wii had Metroid Prime 3, Sin & Punishment, Fire Emblem, Punch Out, Wario Land, Rhythm Heaven.

Wii U Pikmin 3, Captain Toad, an amazing Yoshi game since forever and legendary action games in Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2.

As far as trash goes, Wii had Metroid Other M and Dawn of the New World, one messes with one of my favorite franchises, the other with my favorite RPG.

Wii U with Tokyo Mirage Sessions, expected nothing and was still disappointed.

VC stuff I prefer the Wii U, since I could play stuff like Demon Crest, the GBA FEs and Style Savvy for the first time.

So my final answer is the Nintendo 3DS. 

ARamdomGamer said:

Excellent analysis. xDD

Around the Network
ARamdomGamer said:

Kind of tough.

Both were really enjoyable systems, Wii had more quality games, but the quality games that the Wii U had were something else for me.

As far as direct comparisons go:

New Mario U was a great game, better than Wii, Mario Maker was pretty special and 3D World is something I enjoyed more than both Galaxy games, still amazing tho.

Prefer Wii Zelda, played TP and SS there even if far from my favorites, U had Hyrule Warriors which was really nice, BotW I experienced on the Switch.

Tropical Freeze is one of the best 2D platformers ever made, much better and with more identity than Returns.

I vastly prefer Xenoblade Chronicles X to the original.

Super Paper Mario I prefer to Color Splash.

Kirby well, it had 2 games on Wii so that wins, both have great games as usual with the series. And those are some examples.

Third party stuff I won't go too into, basically some really great gems on the Wii vs the great indie titles on the Wii U.

As far as unique first party go, Wii had Metroid Prime 3, Sin & Punishment, Fire Emblem, Punch Out, Wario Land, Rhythm Heaven.

Wii U Pikmin 3, Captain Toad, an amazing Yoshi game since forever and legendary action games in Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2.

As far as trash goes, Wii had Metroid Other M and Dawn of the New World, one messes with one of my favorite franchises, the other with my favorite RPG.

Wii U with Tokyo Mirage Sessions, expected nothing and was still disappointed.

VC stuff I prefer the Wii U, since I could play stuff like Demon Crest, the GBA FEs and Style Savvy for the first time.

I love the plot twist at the end xD

Cerebralbore101 said:
Wii

Better price. 

Also this, so much this.

Wii U was overpriced from the off and the fact they never cut it down and it stayed at a ridiculous $300 USD right up to (and beyond) its replacement was just obscene.

Wii on the other hand got appropriate price cuts to $200 in 2009, and $150 in 2011.

Wii for me was countless hours and years of fun.

Wii U was basically 100h of Splatoon and 150h of XCX which I loved. Then, just a huge disappointment and it drove me away from Nintendo. I disliked most Wii U games.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Can I say GameCube? Wii had more good games, but the Wii mote controls haven't aged well. Then again the clunky wiiu gamepad hasn't either. I'm going to stick with GameCube whose controllers are still to this day the standard for controller excellence to many people.

curl-6 said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
Wii

Better price. 

Also this, so much this.

Wii U was overpriced from the off and the fact they never cut it down and it stayed at a ridiculous $300 USD right up to (and beyond) its replacement was just obscene.

Wii on the other hand got appropriate price cuts to $200 in 2009, and $150 in 2011.

I'd imagine Wii U price was closer to the cost of materials than Wii was to it's cost of materials, making them not want to cut it. Not to mention, if they can make more profit or less of a loss with selling less, but more expensive devices, then that makes sense.