By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Conor McGregor

Kerotan said:
quickrick said:

a bit late to reply.  obviously everyone has a opinion you are ok, with people trash talking about family, which is childish and stupid imo. i don't know how you get extreme bias from me being  on khabib side, but what ever. obviously no one is a saint, this a blood sport,  khabib can talk shit, he just doesn't go over the limit, the fact is most UFC fighters/broadcasters say he's a good guy should say enough, while mcgregor is just known as the best trash talker in the sport that can back it up.

Are you talking about khabib below because last i remember he said mcgregors grandfather was a traitor and killed his own prople. Do you honestly think you are partial on this issue? 

I can't speak for Ganoncrotch but I'm w fan of both khabib, mcgregor and the ufc. You just come across as a mcgregor hater. No wonder your arguments are so impartial. 

"you are ok, with people trash talking about family, which is childish and stupid imo"

I'm not a huge fan of UFC because I'm generally squeamish when it comes to blood sports like that, I love (slightly less so since Roman "da big dawg" Reigns has been ru(i)nning the show) but yeah, I watch things for entertainment and Conor V Mayweather was the first I watched of him because it was a spectacle, he plays a very good character which I think is based on himself to a degree but he knows how to take the parts of himself which gets the crowd going and play those up to the point where PPV's sell gangbusters and he banks a shitload of money for it.

He's also Irish which of course means there is a small part of national pride when I see him running about with the tricolour flying and bringing people like Imelda May to the boxing match because for a tiny nation we make a shit ton of noise and tend to inspire emotion either for or against us from all nations, even looking back at WWE right now 3 of the main roster are from Ireland when you consider the population of the place it's shocking we output so many charismatic characters.

You'll notice something in common with all 3 of them.... the gold they carry or have carried in the last year or so, and they don't lean too heavily on the gimmick of being Irish and liking to drink and chase leprechauns.

Also if you don't get the difference between a persona and a person.... we have 4 in the roster!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
quickrick said:

a bit late to reply.  obviously everyone has a opinion you are ok, with people trash talking about family, which is childish and stupid imo. i don't know how you get extreme bias from me being  on khabib side, but what ever. obviously no one is a saint, this a blood sport,  khabib can talk shit, he just doesn't go over the limit, the fact is most UFC fighters/broadcasters say he's a good guy should say enough, while mcgregor is just known as the best trash talker in the sport that can back it up.

Are you talking about khabib below because last i remember he said mcgregors grandfather was a traitor and killed his own prople. Do you honestly think you are partial on this issue? 

I can't speak for Ganoncrotch but I'm w fan of both khabib, mcgregor and the ufc. You just come across as a mcgregor hater. No wonder your arguments are so impartial. 

"you are ok, with people trash talking about family, which is childish and stupid imo"

well khabib's was a natural reaction. conor started talking about his people and father so khabib did the same, conor got to khabib mentally, before that khabib never really got peronal with opponents while McGregor was to always get to there head.

Ganoncrotch said:
quickrick said:

As he said in the ring, it's business, he is marketed as being notorious and sells ppvs like no one else because of that character.

I would no more think too much about the things he says than I believe the undertaker in wwe captures his rivals souls or that Arnie is a time traveling death robot, what is presented in all 3 cases is a marketing tool to sell more tickets. Each one works great.

A lot of ppv buys happened because people want to see him beat, Dana knows that's money as does Conor.

i think he would still be a huge star and ppv with out over doing it in the trash talking. i mean his famous line is who the fook is that guy is just hilarious, hes funny, a good looking guy, and his stand up is a thing of beauty, and he was dominating everyone till diaz fight, his trash talking is funny, no need for the racist remarks, and bringing in family. just look at floyd he talks shit and is the king of ppv buys but his trash talking doesn't cross the line. its really hard to believe kahbib and Conor was just all busniess or maybe it was you never know.

Last edited by quickrick - on 18 October 2018

quickrick said:
Kerotan said:

well khabib's was a natural reaction. conor started talking about his people and father so khabib did the same, conor got to khabib mentally, before that khabib never really got peronal with opponents while McGregor was to always get to there head.

I'm with you 100%.   Khabib is always respectfull with his opponents, and his attitude is on another league compared to the arrogant Irish "chicken".  Conor always attack his opponents and use the trash talking all the time, and so many times he said and did things outside the limit.  Khabib was pushed to his limits with the trash talking and facts like the bus, and still getting insulted during the match by Dillon. And if this was not enough, Conor kneeled in the face of Khabib, while on ground, completely forbidden, and continued to keep Khabib's gloves very often, or cling to the cage, equally forbidden and was not called sufficiently to respect the rules. Khabib had to ask for this.

It's a business, like Conor said, and all was very well prepared by the MMA itself, Dana White and Conor, who is a tool !

With this I'm not saying that Khabib did right to jump out from the cage, I'm simply saying that the system is broken and corrupted, and after all the crap happened before and during the match(probably ""organized"" or ""encouraged"" by Dana White and company), people was ONLY pointing the fingers to a jump from the cage...this is hypocrisy and madness at the highest level.

Probably many forgot about Conor jumping outside and even inside the cage for apperently much less pressure than the one Khabib's endured, with no consequences...

THIS IS A BUSINESS, and dirty.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

quickrick said:
Kerotan said:

This is the ultimate bias right here. Conveniently forgot mcgregor going after khabib was a natural reaction after khabib made things personal by cornering artem and slapping him. I've told you this twenty times but you keep ignoring it. The reason being is if you acknowledge it, you can't keep the argument going. At this rate I'm gonna fall off a cliff. 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
quickrick said:

This is the ultimate bias right here. Conveniently forgot mcgregor going after khabib was a natural reaction after khabib made things personal by cornering artem and slapping him. I've told you this twenty times but you keep ignoring it. The reason being is if you acknowledge it, you can't keep the argument going. At this rate I'm gonna fall off a cliff. 

artem was talking mad shit, about someone not even in his division. so he got a baby slap what's the big deal, megregor just ate punches in the ring by kahbib team, and he aint even making a big deal about it. the thing that happened to artem was a normal beef with someone that's vey common in the UFC.

Last edited by quickrick - on 19 October 2018

quickrick said:
Kerotan said:

artem was talking mad shit, about someone not even in his division. so he got a baby slap what's the big deal, megregor just ate punches in the ring by kahbib team, and he aint even making a big deal about it. the thing that happened to artem was a normal beef with someone that's vey common in the UFC.

There we go again with the bias. Artem talking mad shit lmao. He was giving a controversial opinion. Khabib physically bullied him. Mcgregor then responded and bullied khabib at his own game. All i see with you is bias bias bias. 

Kerotan said:
quickrick said:

There we go again with the bias. Artem talking mad shit lmao. He was giving a controversial opinion. Khabib physically bullied him. Mcgregor then responded and bullied khabib at his own game. All i see with you is bias bias bias. 

he called a khabib a coward and a pussy that always backs out of fights, come on man artem was talking shit.

quickrick said:
Kerotan said:

he called a khabib a coward and a pussy that always backs out of fights, come on man artem was talking shit.

He was half right as he pulled out of so many fights. Half the ufc roster have called mcgregor a coward, pussy, leprechaun etc. Mcgregor never reacted like khabib did. 

Kerotan said:
quickrick said:

He was half right as he pulled out of so many fights. Half the ufc roster have called mcgregor a coward, pussy, leprechaun etc. Mcgregor never reacted like khabib did. 

McGregor is a different beast hes the money fight  everyone wants to talks shit to him get a fight if they can but artem had nothing to do with khabib.