By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wall Street Journal Japan Reports A New Switch Model Will Release In The Second Half Of 2019

Smaller, cheaper Switch with better battery life has most sense when we know that 3DS dying and they will need lower price point instead, not actually more price version of Switch.

And like some people stated, with launch of Gen 8 Pokemon they will want much more affordable Switch then $300 Switch.

I could see something like this

Around the Network

makes me think of the patent that had before switch released showing the add on blocking looking thing that adds extra power to the console

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Very interested to see what they come up with, I just hope it is not a power-boosted "Switch Pro" as I don't want games to start to look/run like shit on my base Switch, like for example Hyrule Warriors did on the base 3DS.

Extend battery life, make it slimmer, and eliminate the bezels for a "Switch Lite" I say.

I think I will wait to see what this is before getting a Switch, if it's model with a smaller screen then I'd rather get the original Switch, even if the battery life is improved :p.

The story is incredibly vague: doesn't even say whether the model will be uprange or downrange of the original. Until there's something a lot more concrete I'd count this as an unsubstantiated rumour.

Around the Network
Sordel said:
The story is incredibly vague: doesn't even say whether the model will be uprange or downrange of the original. Until there's something a lot more concrete I'd count this as an unsubstantiated rumour.

They were very clear, they said based on they sources that new Switch version is coming next year, they dont know if this will be Pro or Mini/Pocket/Lite version, they even said that specs are still not finalized, only detail that they did mentioned is that Nintendo is looking at better less power screen thats not OLED.

Also WSJ before reported that Nintendo is planing/working on revision, but this is first time we have info when that revision could come.

I hope they're not gonna go another year without price cutting, even if they can easily get away with it. As for the revision, gonna stick with my prediction of bigger screen so there's no bezel, better wifi, better battery, more storage.

Hoping for Switch XL and Swicth Mini.

1. A more powerful version of the current docked Switch, same dimensions, but bigger screen.

2. A Handheld focused Switch, same power as OG Switch, with double the battery life, and a Vita sized form factor.

5G option for both.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Miyamotoo said:
Sordel said:

They were very clear, they said based on they sources that new Switch version is coming next year, they dont know if this will be Pro or Mini/Pocket/Lite version, they even said that specs are still not finalized, only detail that they did mentioned is that Nintendo is looking at better less power screen thats not OLED.

Also WSJ before reported that Nintendo is planing/working on revision, but this is first time we have info when that revision could come.

Nintendo sources different screens for 3DS but adopts them “silently” without anyone being able to tell from the box. They could introduce new screens for the Switch without changing the consumer-facing product at all. I can't see how there can be a release date for 2019 when Nintendo hasn't even finalised specs, let alone created a working prototype. At best it's an “aspiration” to release in 2019.

twintail said:
Smaller bezels please
Current switch is not that good looking imho

They should also round the corners more and stack three switches into one device. Like a McPro.