By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wall Street Journal Japan Reports A New Switch Model Will Release In The Second Half Of 2019

Gonna be interesting to see what is exactly gonna be change will be interesting to watch/discuss. 

Around the Network

Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest.
In fact I’m expecting it.
The only thing I don’t know is, will it be a slightly altered revision like a Switch Lite/XL with extra battery or a Switch+ (PS4 Pro/XB1X type of enhanced hardware).

Either way, that plus Pokemon Gen 8 would make a damn good bundle for Holiday 2019.

Last edited by PAOerfulone - on 04 October 2018

English version of the WSJ is reporting that Nintendo still thinking about what to added, things like a change in display for a better battery is being consider.

PAOerfulone said:

The only thing I don’t know is, will it be a slightly altered revision like a Switch Lite/XL with extra battery or a Switch+ (PS4 Pro/XB1X type of enhanced hardware).

Wither way, that plus Pokemon Gen 8 would make a damn good bundle for Holiday 2019.

Yeah I am basically expecting this to be a Switch lite, better battery, fix some of the issues with the hardware like the dock scratching screens, and maybe an improve screen resolution for handheld mode. Priced for like 250 dollars and launches the same day as Pokemon Gen 8.

PAOerfulone said:

Either way, that plus Pokemon Gen 8 would make a damn good bundle for Holiday 2019.

I think Switch lite would make more sense next year than a more powerful/bigger Switch. Pokemon is such a portable-centric franchise that I think Nintendo is going to want for Switch to hit it's portable stride even more than it already has. It would definitely boost sales in Japan even beyond how good they already are.

Around the Network

Hopefully it launches closer to Quarter 3 than Quarter 4

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
PAOerfulone said:

I think Switch lite would make more sense next year than a more powerful/bigger Switch. Pokemon is such a portable-centric franchise that I think Nintendo is going to want for Switch to hit it's portable stride even more than it already has. It would definitely boost sales in Japan even beyond how good they already are.

This is true. Plus, there's also Animal Crossing. That's Nintendo's' two biggest system sellers in Japan coming out next year. Those two games plus a Switch Lite with a lower price tag would light the country on fire. 

Yeah I can see this being the Lite version than a Pro Version

Pocky Lover Boy! 

animegaming said:

English version of the WSJ is reporting that Nintendo still thinking about what to added, things like a change in display for a better battery is being consider.

Perhaps it will be like the PSVita 2000?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

It will be interesting to see how they will still utilize the Joy Cons, especially if its a Lite version.  The Joy Cons are an integral part of the Switch's identity and a good amount of the games utilize their features, regardless of how some people feel about them.