By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - President Trump Mocks Alleged Sexual Assault Victim

PwerlvlAmy said:
Kerotan said:
Thanks for editing the title. Let's not become a website that spreads fake news.. The key word here is alleged. Innocent until proven guilty. Btw i don't know much or even care for this situation or American politics in general. But these witch hunts before a man is convicted bug me.

Aye. I completely agree. No fake news on VGC shall be had! 

Thanks Amy. Let's make vgchartz great again. 

Around the Network
Zucas said:
o_O.Q said:

"Most people in the legal field, such as myself, would say that Dr. Ford has easily me that. "

simply by asserting that she was assaulted?

if i said right now that you assaulted me 10 years ago at a party would you give yourself up willingly to be sent to the gulag?

Nope that wouldn't suffice. Also again you are mixing up what happens in a criminal matter and what happens in a civil matter. Seizure of a person only occurs in a criminal matter. A defendant in a civil matter is not seized, even if there is enough factual allegations to state a claim is plausible. You would just risk a default judgment against you if you don't respond.

" Also again you are mixing up what happens in a criminal matter and what happens in a civil matter. Seizure of a person only occurs in a criminal matter."

i was actually just joking which would have been apparent from me mentioning gulags... are gulags a part of the justice system today? 

but regardless you would be willing to accept people labeling you as a rapist simply from me making the assertion?

thismeintiel said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Why are people bringing up Kavanaugh getting angry as a point against him? Do you seriously think any normal person would not get angry at false accusations that could ruin their entire life? I think him being angry is a perfectly natural response...

Since everything else seems to be falling apart, that's their fall back position. Of course, they know it's BS. They make excuses for SJWs the SCREEEE in public and are nothing but emotional. Or are fine when politicians on their side scream/yell damaging hyperbole and outright lies to attack their opponents. No, they are just grasping to find something. Anything. If he had been calm and collected, they would say that proves he did it or lacks the emotional depth to be on the Supreme Court. 

Snoopy said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Why are people bringing up Kavanaugh getting angry as a point against him? Do you seriously think any normal person would not get angry at false accusations that could ruin their entire life? I think him being angry is a perfectly natural response...

I'm angry just thinking about it lol.

The majority of the time with the left it's a 'heads we win, tales you lose', scenario. The right in certain specific cases can be the same as well, but rarely.

If Kav would have acted more politically correct like his earlier hearings, you would have instead heard something along the lines of, 'he's so weak', 'look how laid back he is like he thinks he can get away with it', 'he's too quiet so he must be hiding something', 'he won't even fight for himself, how is he supposed to fight for justice?', etc.

If Kav get's upset, like he did, you end up hearing, 'he's too emotional', 'he's out of control', 'he's a monster', 'he's capable of anything.... but judging!', etc.

Taking this into account, it goes beyond giving Kav the benefit of the doubt. Wolves are usually pretty cool and calm and very orderly, but you throw one into an inescapable bear pit, and that wolf is going to show you a side that any and every wolf would show in that same situation. The fact he kept his cool as well as he did is the real story.

Last edited by EricHiggin - on 05 October 2018

Come on people, he's obviously mocking what he believes to be a liar. Whether she actually is isn't the point. You really think a standing president would mock a victim of assault if it was proven?

Again, I can't stress enough - In America you are INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY.

End of story.

Without it, you have anarchy. You have mob rule over civilization and the rule of law. Without it, anyone's lives can be completely ruined at any time, by anyone, for just about anything. That's ANARCHY. And that's not a world I'd want to live in.

Think about it. Think about your job. What you do for a living. Say somebody out there with an axe to grind (who knows, maybe you got in a fight with them or something) 35 years ago comes forward and accuses you of something, and you risk losing your job because they've falsely accused you of assault, and it many believe them for mere personal/social reasons.. Is this REALLY the world you want to live in?

Think about it.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

This isn't about Ford's accusations being credible or not, correct or not, etc., this is simply about the President of the United States lacking any sort of class whatsoever. It's simply classless to lash out against someone who may be a victim of sexual assault like this. As the Head of State and our nation's top diplomat, the President has a responsibility to at least put forth a classy facade, which Trump fails to do epicly.

Around the Network
xbebop said:
This isn't about Ford's accusations being credible or not, correct or not, etc., this is simply about the President of the United States lacking any sort of class whatsoever. It's simply classless to lash out against someone who may be a victim of sexual assault like this. As the Head of State and our nation's top diplomat, the President has a responsibility to at least put forth a classy facade, which Trump fails to do epicly.

The lack of class extends to both sides (Trump and the democratic politicans/celebs). To condemn one side, you need to also condemn the other.

Also, I don’t think Trump has ever portrayed himself as a classy guy (if he is, then you’re right, he sucks at it). I don’t think the people who voted for him did so because he was “classy” either.

The celebs though, they (IMO) like to put on airs when they’re the ones who absolutely lack class (by laughing at the misfortune of what could be an innocent man who’s getting his life/career/reputation destroyed by false accusations).

Puppyroach said:
contestgamer said:

My argument is that if you shouldn't be lobbing unproven, serious accusations against someone infront of the entire world - ruining their career, potentially family and life. The fact that she's coming out with this now speaks to me of a vindictiveness and malintent. The timing coupled with her going public instead of privately to authorities speaks negatively of her.

And is that your argument even if it did happen? That if she was the victim of attempted tape, she has herself to blame for not coming out earlier?

If you cant pursue a criminal investigation due to statutes, etc then dont come forward. Because all that will happen is that you will lob an unproveable accusation that will ruin someones life without the ability to prove it. In many of these cases woman are lobbing accusations who ARE within the statute of limitations and could pursue a criminal case, but chose not to. Instead they do a hit-n-run of throwing out accusations and disappearing without any way of verifying them. Many of them might be telling the truth, but there's no way to separate the truth from the lies when all you have is an accusation. So I'm not going to contribute to ruining someones life over any of the accusations unless proven in a court of law.

DrDoomz said:
xbebop said:

The lack of class extends to both sides (Trump and the democratic politicans/celebs). To condemn one side, you need to also condemn the other.

Also, I don’t think Trump has ever portrayed himself as a classy guy (if he is, then you’re right, he sucks at it). I don’t think the people who voted for him did so because he was “classy” either.

The celebs though, they (IMO) like to put on airs when they’re the ones who absolutely lack class (by laughing at the misfortune of what could be an innocent man who’s getting his life/career/reputation destroyed by false accusations).

I mean, let's be honest, Kavanaugh, whether the allegations are true or not, is a total scumbag. He's an obvious shill, and his behavior up to this point is evidence of that. 

Also, the "both sides" argument doesn't work anymore. The Republicans simply don't care about morality anymore. They only care about control. It's a party made up of human scum.

contestgamer said:
Puppyroach said:

And is that your argument even if it did happen? That if she was the victim of attempted tape, she has herself to blame for not coming out earlier?

If you cant pursue a criminal investigation due to statutes, etc then dont come forward. Because all that will happen is that you will lob an unproveable accusation that will ruin someones life without the ability to prove it. In many of these cases woman are lobbing accusations who ARE within the statute of limitations and could pursue a criminal case, but chose not to. Instead they do a hit-n-run of throwing out accusations and disappearing without any way of verifying them. Many of them might be telling the truth, but there's no way to separate the truth from the lies when all you have is an accusation. So I'm not going to contribute to ruining someones life over any of the accusations unless proven in a court of law.

But that argument only holds if you are not the victim. If the person has attempted to rape you, you should ALWAYS come forward regardless of how much time has passed. It is irrelevant if the person's life in that case is destroyed since the most important thing is to investigate and see if your case can be proved. Time is irrelevant.

Puppyroach said:
contestgamer said:

But that argument only holds if you are not the victim. If the person has attempted to rape you, you should ALWAYS come forward regardless of how much time has passed. It is irrelevant if the person's life in that case is destroyed since the most important thing is to investigate and see if your case can be proved. Time is irrelevant.

Like I said, in many of these cases:

1. It cant be investigated, due to statutes. So time IS relevant in those cases. If it cant be investigated, you're just lobbing accusations that cant be disproved, but do just as much damage as if it was proven.  It is unethical to come forward in such cases. Do it when it can be legally pursued, to be proven or disproved. 

2. Many of these women don't pursue an investigation. They just throw out accusations on social media or elsewhere and call it a day. The mans life is destroyed with zero proof.