By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - President Trump Mocks Alleged Sexual Assault Victim

Trump is a piece of shit who has sexually assaulted women before and treats them like pieces of meat, including his own daughter. Of course he’d make a mockery of someone accusing his SC nominee.

Around the Network

I remember the temple and the day my mom slapped me in the face and locked the door on me. When? A time when I didn't know what swear words were. How old was I, I don't know. However I do know what happened and it's something I hated my mother for. After 36 years I doubt anyone can remember the exacts of something, but the event itself will always be ingrained. 36 years ago we barely had texting, and cellphones. it's not implausible to believe Ford after her testimony, and Brett's anger. 

Zucas said:
melbye said: I. ;., 

Good thing burden of proof is on the accuser then, any other way would be fit for a authoritarian country

The burden of proof in this scenario would be a preponderance of the evidence. Most people in the legal field, such as myself, would say that Dr. Ford has easily me that. 

And the prosecutor who interviewed her said that she would not have filed this case, or been able to obtain a subpoena, with what Ford has. Which is absolutely no evidence, no corroborating witnesses, and a story that lacks any key details and has changed over the past few months. It's why the FBI originally turned down the chance to look into it. Dems knew this and that's why they knew they had to get Trump to order the investigation.

So, I'll believe her and the FBI over you, thank you very much. 

Why are people bringing up Kavanaugh getting angry as a point against him? Do you seriously think any normal person would not get angry at false accusations that could ruin their entire life? I think him being angry is a perfectly natural response...

I am currently sigless.

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Why are people bringing up Kavanaugh getting angry as a point against him? Do you seriously think any normal person would not get angry at false accusations that could ruin their entire life? I think him being angry is a perfectly natural response...

Since everything else seems to be falling apart, that's their fall back position. Of course, they know it's BS. They make excuses for SJWs the SCREEEE in public and are nothing but emotional. Or are fine when politicians on their side scream/yell damaging hyperbole and outright lies to attack their opponents. No, they are just grasping to find something. Anything. If he had been calm and collected, they would say that proves he did it or lacks the emotional depth to be on the Supreme Court. 

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
Zucas said:

The burden of proof in this scenario would be a preponderance of the evidence. Most people in the legal field, such as myself, would say that Dr. Ford has easily me that. 

And the prosecutor who interviewed her said that she would not have filed this case, or been able to obtain a subpoena, with what Ford has. Which is absolutely no evidence, no corroborating witnesses, and a story that lacks any key details and has changed over the past few months. It's why the FBI originally turned down the chance to look into it. Dems knew this and that's why they knew they had to get Trump to order the investigation.

So, I'll believe her and the FBI over you, thank you very much. 

Well you are allowed to do that. Your belief in them comes from a basic misunderstanding of the legal system as to what the prosecutor is talking about and the lens they are looking through of whether or not they would file charges. For instances, prosecutors have an ethical duty to not pursue charges if they don't think they could prove every element at trial. Thus, before bringing charges, they are making an ethical assessment of whether or not they could prove every element of a crime beyond a reasonable doubt at trial. If they don't think they can do that, then they can't ethically pursue an indictment. The standard is then taken in a different direction when it goes before a grand jury (if there is a grand jury) in there needs to be probable cause that a crime occurred. This means, would a reasonable person of reasonable caution believe that a crime more than likely occurred. 

In a civil proceeding, a plaintiff needs to show that there is enough factual allegations to state a claim is plausible on its face. If a plaintiff shows this, a defendant MUST respond otherwise they risk default judgment. 

You also have a pretty large misunderstanding of what constitutes evidence, what corroboration means, and how to obtain a subpoena. However, that's really not necessary for this discussion. Be happy to explain more if you want. Just send me a message :)

Zucas said:
melbye said:

Good thing burden of proof is on the accuser then, any other way would be fit for a authoritarian country

"Most people in the legal field, such as myself, would say that Dr. Ford has easily me that. "

simply by asserting that she was assaulted?

if i said right now that you assaulted me 10 years ago at a party would you give yourself up willingly to be sent to the gulag?

Majin-Tenshinhan said:

I'm angry just thinking about it lol.

Would hate to live in a world that an allegation is to be belived just based on what genitals the acuser has. Im so glad he was cleared and soon he will be nominated. Hopepefully ford and the democrats like finestein get some punishment for making false acusations.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

o_O.Q said:
Zucas said:

"Most people in the legal field, such as myself, would say that Dr. Ford has easily me that. "

simply by asserting that she was assaulted?

if i said right now that you assaulted me 10 years ago at a party would you give yourself up willingly to be sent to the gulag?

Hey, I believe this assault happened.  Welp, in this "legal field" he wishes to create, that should be good enough to disqualify him for any position for the rest of his life.  Yikes, what a weird world these people want to live in.

Also funny how he speaks about the preponderance of evidence.  What evidence?  All she has is a story.  A story no one backs.  A story she has changed several times.  If he truly is part of the legal field, he is obviously letting his political bias overshadow true justice.

eva01beserk said:
Would hate to live in a world that an allegation is to be belived just based on what genitals the acuser has. Im so glad he was cleared and soon he will be nominated. Hopepefully ford and the democrats like finestein get some punishment for making false acusations.

Well, you would also have to prove beyond a doubt that she made a false accusation to actually charge her with anything.  Hard to do given the span of time and when she gives no real specifics that can be checked out.  Which was purposely done, IMO.  I'm sure they'd use the excuse of memories not always being what actually happened, especially the further out we get from the events, so she honestly thought that was what happened.  Something they conveniently disregard when actually making the accusations. 

Maybe a civil case could be filed, but I doubt Kavanaugh would go through with that.  Which is why people talking that she would be hurt more than Kavanaugh for coming out, but he was still confirmed are talking nonsense.  These women are rarely charged with anything.  And quite a few times, the victims of these attacks are either so relieved that it is over, so they just drop it and move on, or if a case is filed, it's against an establishment that punished them without a conviction because of the accusation.  Like a business or school.

Last edited by thismeintiel - on 04 October 2018