By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - President Trump Mocks Alleged Sexual Assault Victim

Puppyroach said:
contestgamer said:

Yeah you can - you go to police not the media. If you're an assault victim you shouldn't be going to the employer of the accused with no irrefutable evidence and be demanding his termination. That's wrong. And this is beyond the statute of limitations anyway, so there shouldn't be an investigation to begin with. She had DECADES to come forward. It's too late now. And because there cant be any criminal investigation she decides to smear him in public instead.

So your argument is that if she was the victim, she should blame herself for not coming forward earlier?

My argument is that if you shouldn't be lobbing unproven, serious accusations against someone infront of the entire world - ruining their career, potentially family and life. The fact that she's coming out with this now speaks to me of a vindictiveness and malintent. The timing coupled with her going public instead of privately to authorities speaks negatively of her.

Around the Network
contestgamer said:
Puppyroach said:

So your argument is that if she was the victim, she should blame herself for not coming forward earlier?

My argument is that if you shouldn't be lobbing unproven, serious accusations against someone infront of the entire world - ruining their career, potentially family and life. The fact that she's coming out with this now speaks to me of a vindictiveness and malintent. The timing coupled with her going public instead of privately to authorities speaks negatively of her.

She came out with to her therapist years ago.  She also stayed private with it to the Senate until the Senate made it public.  She didn't make the allegations to the whole world and wanted to stay confidential for the whole matter.  It was the Senate that took it all public. 

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

ResilientFighter said:
I heard one of his sexual assault victims took a lie detector test that proved she was not lying. No high ranking politic should be put in power when there are 3 women accusing him.

Lie detector tests do not prove you're lying or not.

SpokenTruth said:
contestgamer said:

She came out with to her therapist years ago.  She also stayed private with it to the Senate until the Senate made it public.  She didn't make the allegations to the whole world and wanted to stay confidential for the whole matter.  It was the Senate that took it all public. 

Her name was leaked to the public (early September).  THEN the Senate whet public with it.  If Feinstein had brought this up when she first found out (late July), both parties would have tackled this privately before the leak happened.

Last edited by LivingMetal - on 04 October 2018

Thanks for editing the title. Let's not become a website that spreads fake news.. The key word here is alleged. Innocent until proven guilty. Btw i don't know much or even care for this situation or American politics in general. But these witch hunts before a man is convicted bug me.

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:
SpokenTruth said:

Her name was leaked to the public (early September).  THEN the Senate whet public with it.  If Feinstein had brought this up when she first found out (late July), both parties would have tackled this privately before the leak happened.

True, buy my points were that she didn't take it public, the Senate did.   Leak or not, it was still not Ford that took it public as Contestgamer is claiming.  He claims she was being "vindictiveness and malintent" and he says "her going public instead of privately to authorities speaks negatively of her" but as we know she didn't go public.

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

melbye said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Well there's no proof he's innocent either, so there's that.

Good thing burden of proof is on the accuser then, any other way would be fit for a authoritarian country

The burden of proof in this scenario would be a preponderance of the evidence. Most people in the legal field, such as myself, would say that Dr. Ford has easily me that. 

Zucas said:
melbye said:

Good thing burden of proof is on the accuser then, any other way would be fit for a authoritarian country

The burden of proof in this scenario would be a preponderance of the evidence. Most people in the legal field, such as myself, would say that Dr. Ford has easily me that. 

Burden of proof should be absolutely certainty. We shouldnt ruin peoples lives over preponderance of evidence.

contestgamer said:
Zucas said:

Burden of proof should be absolutely certainty. We shouldnt ruin peoples lives over preponderance of evidence.

Well we do all the time. For instance, almost all civil proceedings involve a preponderance of evidence standard. It could cause loss of a house (foreclosure proceeding), child support, breach of contract, damages for negligence, bankruptcy, or deportation/removal in an immigration proceeding. So while I understand the emotion behind that, we "ruin" a person's life all the time with a preponderance of the evidence standard. 

President pussy grabber is the last person that should be taking about this