By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout 76 - who's getting it?

Are you buying Fallout 76?

Yes, I have it pre-ordere... 2 5.13%

Maybe, I want to see more... 4 10.26%

I will probably get it, b... 5 12.82%

No, I have no interest in buying it. 28 71.79%

Total:39
Yerm said:
i tried getting into Fallout 4 and that was a big mistake, although it was probably on me for picking it as my first entry into the series. out of nowhere a few hours into the game it just felt like there was a huge difficulty spike. Enemies were one-shotting me left and right, i would drain through my entire supply of ammo within minutes, there was no clear direction as to what i was supposed to be doing even. and from what Ive seen, Fallout 76 is just an expansion on the Fallout 4 formula but built for online. so not only would i suck at Fallout 76 even more than i do Fallout 4, i would have have my ass beat by every real world player i came across. no thank you

Peh said:
Waiting for reviews and more gameplay. If people can join my session who are over-powered just to kill me, I am done with it.

Guys, PvP won't be like that in Fallout 76. If there's one difference between Fallout 76 and other online survival games, it's that there are a lot of anti-griefing measures, such as the slap system: a player cannot simply kill you without your consent to "duel" them by attacking( the first attack will always do minimal damage, regardless of what you do). Once you have attacked each other, a duel of sorts begins and that's when attacks do actual damage. The game is PVE-focused.

Around the Network
Mordred11 said: 

Guys, PvP won't be like that in Fallout 76. If there's one difference between Fallout 76 and other online survival games, it's that there are a lot of anti-griefing measures, such as the slap system: a player cannot simply kill you without your consent to "duel" them by attacking( the first attack will always do minimal damage, regardless of what you do). Once you have attacked each other, a duel of sorts begins and that's when attacks do actual damage. The game is PVE-focused.

See, this is the problem with Fallout 76, I think. I don't know what the fuck it is. All I know is that it's a multiplayer-focused Fallout. Bethesda has not done a good job of communicating the concept of the game simply. Every time I try to watch Fallout 76 commentary with those long gameplay videos, I just get bored. I really think the marketing for this one has been a bit off. It just seems like the multiplayer spin-off in a year where companies are obsessed with incorporating multiplayer gimmicks (like Battle Royal). Even if it isn't though, it hasn't been communicated as such.

No interest in online games at all, especially online only. I'll gladly skip this one.

I might get it because I'm a Fallout nut, but I first want to know how to avoid the intrusive people who will have no other purpose to destroy whatever I build. And I'll stand back for a bit to see how they balance the game and to see if it will have microtransactions.

Fallout is my favorite series in gaming and Fallout 4 has vaulted (heh) over Fallout 3 and New Vegas as one of my all-time favorite games.

That being said, I've had my fill of MMOs and team-based gaming. I'm no longer interested in that kind of thing. If the game tries to push everyone into groups then I'll pass. I want to create and play my character and do the things I want to do, when I want to do them.

It doesn't seem to be a game made for me.

Around the Network

Nope, no interest

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

See, this is the problem with Fallout 76, I think. I don't know what the fuck it is. All I know is that it's a multiplayer-focused Fallout. Bethesda has not done a good job of communicating the concept of the game simply. Every time I try to watch Fallout 76 commentary with those long gameplay videos, I just get bored. I really think the marketing for this one has been a bit off. It just seems like the multiplayer spin-off in a year where companies are obsessed with incorporating multiplayer gimmicks (like Battle Royal). Even if it isn't though, it hasn't been communicated as such.

I agree, they haven't been the most transparent in regards to this game, which is partly why I've made this thread. I'm sure not many people know we will be getting a huge amount of gameplay footage in 5 days.

Mr_No said:
I might get it because I'm a Fallout nut, but I first want to know how to avoid the intrusive people who will have no other purpose to destroy whatever I build. And I'll stand back for a bit to see how they balance the game and to see if it will have microtransactions.

First of all, they have stated there will only be cosmetic microtransactions. Secondly, all those cosmetics can also be obtained by playing the game - there is nothing that can be bought with money and cannot be obtained through the in-game currency obtainable by simply playing.

Lastly, a number of anti-griefing measures have been confirmed. Apart from the slap system that I mentioned in my prior post, your camp/settlement has a blueprint with which you can easily rebuild exactly the way it was, in case it's destroyed or anything. The wanted system is also pretty brutal, no one will running around doing things like  attacking players/attacking player bases without severe consequences

Cerebralbore101 said:
Not getting it. It's a game that is entirely dependent on how long the servers are up. VATS won't work in real time. The TCG-like leveling system is needless grinding and just plain dumb. There's no NPCs, no real missions, no worldbuilding.

This. Sounds like a cash grab.

I like the world and lore of Fallout, but if the game performs poorly on PC and is far too grindy/filled with nothing, then I'll just not buy into it.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Nope. Not that into Fallout to begin with, but after saying part of the reason they couldn't do cross play was because PS wasn't so helpful, and now their saying that was never really a problem and it was more so they never planned to support cross play in the first place, and still have no intentions of doing so, they crossed the line. Kicking PS when they were already on the ground, battered and bruised, for no reason other than to make sure they didn't get hassled a bit, is low. They won't be getting hassled by me, but they won't be getting my money either.