By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout 76 - who's getting it?

Are you buying Fallout 76?

Yes, I have it pre-ordere... 2 5.13%

Maybe, I want to see more... 4 10.26%

I will probably get it, b... 5 12.82%

No, I have no interest in buying it. 28 71.79%

Total:39

Now that we've entered October, we are only a few weeks away from Fallout 76's official release, with even fewer weeks until its B.E.T.A.(Break-it Early Test Application), and yet I've barely seen any discussion related to the game on VGChartz. Granted, we haven't received much footage since its reveal trailer, apart from this and the game's intro. Besides that, we got a pretty big info dump from a Gameinformer article ( here's a list of the most notable pieces of info we get from the article ).

So, obviously not that much to work with, but still a notable amount of things which could be discussed that I haven't seen around here. That being said, in case you didn't know: Fallout 76 is being played right as we speak, in an event held at Greenbrier Hotel in West Virginia. Those present are popular youtubers/streamers interested in Fallout, invited by Bethesda themselves. They are allowed to record every piece of gameplay, but are restricted by a non-disclosure agreement to not post said gameplay before October the 8th. Meaning we are only 5 days away from getting around "400 hours of gameplay", which is a big reason of why I'm making this thread.

In case you weren't aware of the information here, hopefully I provided some helpful links. The B.E.T.A. will release October the 23rd for Xbox One, the 30th for PS4 and PC, available to all those who will have pre-ordered the game. Are you getting Fallout 76? Then what are you most excited about? Not getting Fallout 76? Care to share why?

Last edited by Mordred11 - on 03 October 2018

Around the Network

Not getting it. It's a game that is entirely dependent on how long the servers are up. VATS won't work in real time. The TCG-like leveling system is needless grinding and just plain dumb. There's no NPCs, no real missions, no worldbuilding.

Cerebralbore101 said:
Not getting it. It's a game that is entirely dependent on how long the servers are up. VATS won't work in real time. The TCG-like leveling system is needless grinding and just plain dumb. There's no NPCs, no real missions, no worldbuilding.

Bethesda have stated they will commit to support the game "forever". Of course, nobody expects that to be entirely true, but it's a good sign towards the fact servers will be up and running for a long, long time, with regular updates. As for V.A.T.S., it has been confirmed to be in the game but we have yet to see how it works in real time.

Regarding the NPCs, they have mentioned there are no human NPCs in the game. About not having " real missions", I'm not exactly sure what you mean.

I'm not getting it, and I say this is a Fallout 4 fanboy.

I don't want a multiplayer game from BGS. They should just keep themselves laser focused on single player.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

flashfire926 said:
I'm not getting it, and I say this is a Fallout 4 fanboy.

I don't want a multiplayer game from BGS. They should just keep themselves laser focused on single player.

Fair enough, but we often don't know we want something until we try it. I hope you give the game a try one day. Personally, I've wanted an online fallout game ever since first playing Fallout 3, so I'm not having any second thoughts about this aspect of the game.

Around the Network

Gonna wait a few months and see how it pans out. I am curious, but I have enough to play to where I am not rushing out to buy it.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I'm not getting it, on a conceptual nor on a literal sense. I just hope they don't pull a Rockstar with GTA V and set aside singleplayer if this works out well for them.

Nah. I'm still drinking tea on the "never gonna buy another Bethesda developed game again" train I boarded after Fallout 3. Tea's good. And this train doesn't fly off the tracks every 15 minutes.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Big FO/FO2/FO3/NV fan and I have no interest in 76. Will not be getting it.

Honestly I don't think I'll be getting any game this year if Pathfinder: Kingmaker keeps me as enthralled as it has.

I'll be the combo breaker, I am getting it.