By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I started the Carnivore diet yesterday and have been starving to death! stopped, too painful

Pemalite said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
You need slow burning complex carbs in your diet to help fuel you throughout the day.

Well. No you don't.
I have no carbs in my diet and I am bulking.

spurgeonryan said:

Finally feeling full, but my body is still missing something. When will I normalize?

Maybe in a week or two... I suggest you look into what Ketogenesis is.
Protein is extremely filling and will satiate your hunger once you are in a ketotonic state... At that point you should start to eat less overall.

Don't be afraid to OMAD if you want faster gains.

You dont eat veggies and the like? no antioxidants at all? thats gonna drastically increase likelyhood of cancer.
How do you get your vitamins? do you take pills to cover it?

Id recammend if you guys stick to something like this, you atleast eat some totmatoes/chillies/yellow peper fruits/Broccoli + eggs as well,
so you get "more" of these vitamins you might otherwise end up lacking.

Lack of Vitamin C can lead to scurvy.
Your not gonna get the vitamin C your body needs in just meats.... and if you go afew months without, you end up with lose teeth and the like.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 30 September 2018

Around the Network

You should be focussing on chicken and fish, steak etc is really bad for you, and really bad for your gut.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Madword said:
You should be focussing on chicken and fish, steak etc is really bad for you, and really bad for your gut.

esp if their not getting antioxidants too.... watch 10years from now, there's more people than ever with colon cancer.

PortisheadBiscuit said:
Crash diets never work long term

They can work if you do them well with eating the right things and supplemental vitamins, the thing is that you need to change your lifestyle when the diet ends and not just go back to eating to same amounts/unhealthy food u used to eat.Also whenever you lose a lot of weight it might be handy to gain muscle afterwards as they firstly help you burning more calories and help making life easier in general and secondly you always lose a hefty amount of musclevolume whenever losing weight and naturally they help you to retain a nice looking bodyshape and fill up loosened skin.

If you want to keep eating a lot and remain the same eating style from pre-diet you always need a way to lose those calories again off course, its hard to start like everything is but with the right attitude its pretty doable.

Or you could just run at 5:30 am like me the past couple weeks (I know I'm crazy).

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
You need slow burning complex carbs in your diet to help fuel you throughout the day.

Well. No you don't.
I have no carbs in my diet and I am bulking.

I'd have to know the specifics of your diet and training in order to properly critique it. 

Dulfite said:
Or you could just run at 5:30 am like me the past couple weeks (I know I'm crazy).

Bet you its alot more healthy and will show better results :)
These short time extreme diets just dont work, but changeing your lifestyle to include exercise, thats sounds alot better.

Humans evolved by eating abit of this, and abit of that.
Saying "i ll only eat this, and nothing else" isnt healthy.
Get your fruits/veggies/nuts/meats ect, and if you feel like it, cut back on the bread/rice/pasta ect.

If your diet includes bacon burgers, you are doing something seriosly wrong

Waterfasting is an interesting alternative. Worked wonders for me.

What's your goal with the diet? Without long term goals, its very difficult to get good results from any diet.

JRPGfan said:
Madword said:

esp if their not getting antioxidants too.... watch 10years from now, there's more people than ever with colon cancer.

I would love to know the figures in the USA as they always seem to eat meat for two or three meals a day (which seems like a terrible idea). I hardly have red meat, cant say I have too much white meat but I eat chicken the most... my big problem is sugar this last few weeks (too many sweets :D

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!