By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is Nintendo Switch really a success?

SKMBlake said:
Yes, the Nintendo Switch is really a success. It will get the best library on a nintendo console since the N64. And since Nintendo is one of the best companies when it comes to games, of course best Switch games are Nintendo games, the console already had 2 GOTY contenders in its first year with 97/100 on Metacritic, that's huge.

This. I own a Switch because BotW and Odyssey are once in a gen type of games. Nintendo owns the metacritic top ten for the most part, the experiences you get from their Mario and Zelda games are unmatched. The Switch is out selling XB One since it's release it can't catch the PS4 but Sony is having a fairy tale gen in terms of sales. The Wii U was a commercial failure the Switch isn't. Nintendo is selling this thing for 300 and the best selling titles Kart, Odyssey, and BotW have yet to get a price drop. They are making money.

Around the Network

Too much free time......

This is fantastic

My sources tell me it'll sell 240 million lifetime, I trust this source and I'm sticking to it to the end (as one should).

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
pokoko said:

That's pretty simple, though, isn't it?  I think most newcomers to VGC believe that trolling isn't allowed.  They don't yet know that it's not only allowed but often encouraged, as long as it's done a certain way.  Probably depends on who is doing it, as well. 

I remember being confused by this when I first came here.  There was a troll thread where the people replying to the troll were getting banned left and right but not the person trolling.  In fact, mods were in the thread showing support for the OP.  I always thought that was messed up.  If a troll thread is going to be allowed then there should be a lot more leeway given within that thread.  That was a long time ago, though, and I haven't noticed much of that in awhile.

So it'd be ok for me to make a thread saying "PlayStation isn't as valid anymore because it's first-party games are diminishing in quality and they rely too much on first person shooters and racing sims and FIFA."? Is that what you're trying to tell us?

I Hope your mind is at peace now.

switch? more like swux

yes. great success,

Switch!!!

Damn, an OP actually banned for an obvious troll thread for once, color me impressed!

Exhibit H is a moot point, no matter which console we are talking about.

There was a time when there was no online at all. Now it's a thing, and the company providing it is not going to just give this whole other layer of gaming out there for free. It costs money to build and maintain the online infrastructure, so that cost has to be covered somehow. Sure, they could choose to just suck it up (not good business, especially when direct competitors are charging for it), or they could put the extra cost into the price of games, but that wouldn't be fair to those who only play locally, like me for example. PC is another world, I'm not even going to go there.

Online play is optional, at least at the moment, so I don't understand the gripe about paying for an additional service.

Other than exhibit H, you made some fair enough points and many of us here have already taken them on in a decent manner.