By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is Nintendo Switch really a success?

The one comment I absolutely hate is "it needs to outsell WiiU/3DS combined" to be successful. No.

That's ignoring the fact that 3DS struggled out the gate, and it had to receive an 80 dollar price cut mere months after launch, to get it going. That's a lot of revenue lost.



Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network

This is some high-grade satire.

I approve.



This has to be sarcastic. Please someone tell me it is. Anyone? Please...?



flashfire926 said:
The one comment I absolutely hate is "it needs to outsell WiiU/3DS combined" to be successful. No.

That's ignoring the fact that 3DS struggled out the gate, and it had to receive an 80 dollar price cut mere months after launch, to get it going. That's a lot of revenue lost.

Not to me I expect a mobile only version of the switch at some point that plays the same games, but is smaller, cheaper, and had a better battery life essentially replacing the 3ds. Then the sales will really explode for the combined switch skus.



Yeah, I'm pretty sure the OP is just trolling. The Switch is very successful, and Nintendo is sure to have more must-have games for it on the way in the next few years.



Around the Network

Exhibit A - Agreed, imo

Exhibit B - mildly agree

Exhibit C - Can't not even deny this, ageed

Exhibit D - OMG someone finally said it! Agreed

Exhibit E - Hard truth

Exhibit G - I am bound to agree

Exhibit H - Disagreed hard imho honestly I like paying for nintendos hard online work

You forgot that Switch donut even have Netflix.



AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Exhibit A - Agreed, imo

Exhibit B - mildly agree

Exhibit C - Can't not even deny this, ageed

Exhibit D - OMG someone finally said it! Agreed

Exhibit E - Hard truth

Exhibit G - I am bound to agree

Exhibit H - Disagreed hard imho honestly I like paying for nintendos hard online work

You forgot that Switch donut even have Netflix.

Get better grammar before you make your arguments.



Veknoid_Outcast said:
How, after 11 years, do these threads still trick the uninitiated? 

That's pretty simple, though, isn't it?  I think most newcomers to VGC believe that trolling isn't allowed.  They don't yet know that it's not only allowed but often encouraged, as long as it's done a certain way.  Probably depends on who is doing it, as well. 

I remember being confused by this when I first came here.  There was a troll thread where the people replying to the troll were getting banned left and right but not the person trolling.  In fact, mods were in the thread showing support for the OP.  I always thought that was messed up.  If a troll thread is going to be allowed then there should be a lot more leeway given within that thread.  That was a long time ago, though, and I haven't noticed much of that in awhile.



pokoko said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
How, after 11 years, do these threads still trick the uninitiated? 

That's pretty simple, though, isn't it?  I think most newcomers to VGC believe that trolling isn't allowed.  They don't yet know that it's not only allowed but often encouraged, as long as it's done a certain way.  Probably depends on who is doing it, as well. 

I remember being confused by this when I first came here.  There was a troll thread where the people replying to the troll were getting banned left and right but not the person trolling.  In fact, mods were in the thread showing support for the OP.  I always thought that was messed up.  If a troll thread is going to be allowed then there should be a lot more leeway given within that thread.  That was a long time ago, though, and I haven't noticed much of that in awhile.

So it'd be ok for me to make a thread saying "PlayStation isn't as valid anymore because it's first-party games are diminishing in quality and they rely too much on first person shooters and racing sims and FIFA."? Is that what you're trying to tell us?



CaptainExplosion said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Exhibit A - Agreed, imo

Exhibit B - mildly agree

Exhibit C - Can't not even deny this, ageed

Exhibit D - OMG someone finally said it! Agreed

Exhibit E - Hard truth

Exhibit G - I am bound to agree

Exhibit H - Disagreed hard imho honestly I like paying for nintendos hard online work

You forgot that Switch donut even have Netflix.

Get better grammar before you make your arguments.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8846754

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8846772

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8846798

 

Bazinga!