By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is Nintendo Switch really a success?

Did AngryLittleAlchemist get control on Rol's account or something? :kappa:

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

By now it is doing well. Every console that sells 15+ million per year is a success
And it is likely to keep this pace until 2019 ends, with pokemon, smash, animal crossing, and other announces.
They are releasing their biggest IPs to keep it selling, but they will become more rare eventually.
So, I dont think that is so obvious that they will still be successful after 2020.
But if they bring price drops and revisions (specialy for higher battery life, or even portability) and ocupy the 3DS market .they can still keep the momentum for much more time and pass the 3DS+wii U market easily.

This whole thing really deserves an F.

RolStoppable said:
super_etecoon said:
This whole thing really deserves an F.

Somebody took advantage of the serve. Bless you.

In a former year with a more active community you would have had your volley sooner, I'm sure.

Over 20 million with only 1 holiday season is insane.
This whole thing is stupid if not a joke

Around the Network
KrspaceT said:
You know, it's comments like this that make Nintendo fans paranoid and distrustful of other game communities.

a well-known Nintendo-fan (also well-known for satire) making a comment like this makes Nintendo-fans distrust non-Nintendo-fans? weird

these satire threads are old and getting a bit shitty to be honest.

Lafiel said:
KrspaceT said:
You know, it's comments like this that make Nintendo fans paranoid and distrustful of other game communities.

a well-known Nintendo-fan (also well-known for satire) making a comment like this makes Nintendo-fans distrust non-Nintendo-fans? weird

Bowsette is a thing. Nintendo fans are in fact weird.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

The one comment I absolutely hate is "it needs to outsell WiiU/3DS combined" to be successful. No.

That's ignoring the fact that 3DS struggled out the gate, and it had to receive an 80 dollar price cut mere months after launch, to get it going. That's a lot of revenue lost.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

This is some high-grade satire.

I approve.