By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dragon Quest XI for Switch titled Dragon Quest XI S

The Switch version of Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age will be titled Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age S, Square Enix announced during its Dragon Quest Paradise News Station event at Tokyo Game Show 2018.

According to Dragon Quest series creator Yuji Horii, among the meanings of the “S” in the title are “Switch,” “Special,” “Shaberu” (Speaking) and Seiyuu (Voice Actor).”

While a release date was not announced, Horii said that it will still take a bit of time before the Switch version is released.

Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age is available now for PlayStation 4 and PC. In Japan, a 3DS version is also available. The western release of Dragon Quest XI added new features, such as voice acting and dashing, that were not in the original Japanese release.

Source 1 and 2

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

Dragon Quest Small?

Like Final Fantasy Pocket Edition? (joking)

Kind of odd but ok.

I'm guessing this version will have voice acting for Japan?
Also, I'm wondering if they'll somehow be able to add the orchestrated score to this version.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Dragon Quest Small?

Like Final Fantasy Pocket Edition? (joking)

Kind of odd but ok.

That's the first thing that came to mind.

The Switch is a "special" tablet, I mean console after all.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Dragon  Ball Quest Super?

Around the Network

Guessing this means they'll be adding exclusive content or something to get people to double dip for the Special version.

There's been talk of it including all of the exclusives from the PS4 and the 3DS versions, as well as voice acting in Japanese. I'll be double dipping anyway. Fucking love DQ, can't wait.

Marth said:
This is good news for the Switch.
But I am guessing this will be an enhanced 3DS port, right?

Nope, it's based on the PS4 version.

https://www.dualshockers.com/dragon-quest-xi-switch-ps4-3ds/

Do we even know if they are putting the 3D"S" version, or the P"S"4 one yet? This game is taking forever to make with little to no showings of progress.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Going to be exciting to see how this ends up looking like