By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dragon Quest XI for Switch titled Dragon Quest XI S

noname2200 said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
announced 3 years ago(NX) and still haven't seen anything on it. Ok. I still remain skeptical that this ever releases.

Didn't it take four years for Dragon Quest 7 on the 3DS to get localized?

We saw stuff in the mean time to know it actually existed. We really have no proof DQXI switch even exists at all other than ''trust us,its coming....eventually''

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:
noname2200 said:

Didn't it take four years for Dragon Quest 7 on the 3DS to get localized?

We saw stuff in the mean time to know it actually existed. We really have no proof DQXI switch even exists at all other than ''trust us,its coming....eventually''

They're still trying to sell the ps4 version, it wouldn't make sense to show the Switch version

MasonADC said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

They're still trying to sell the ps4 version, it wouldn't make sense to show the Switch version

That doesn't make sense. Switch version would not effect the PS4 version right now. Switch version if it exists,sounds like its a year away at most.

PwerlvlAmy said:
MasonADC said:

That doesn't make sense. Switch version would not effect the PS4 version right now. Switch version if it exists,sounds like its a year away at most.

Considering the Switch version will most likely contain extra content, why would they undermine the ps4 version? It's best to not show it at all 

MasonADC said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Considering the Switch version will most likely contain extra content, why would they undermine the ps4 version? It's best to not show it at all 

It's been out in Japan a year, the game's most important market, it's not going to undermine it at all. And PS4 will most definitely get the content after a while anyways

Around the Network
melbye said:
MasonADC said:

It's been out in Japan a year, the game's most important market, it's not going to undermine it at all. And PS4 will most definitely get the content after a while anyways

PS4 version only just released in the west this month though so it would impact its sales if has more content especially with the momentum JRPGs are finding on the Switch and the 3DS version not being brought over.

It'll probably have voice acting in the Japanese version and hopefully that sicko Sugiyama will put his orchestrated music in the game. I'm also thinking they'll somehow put the 3DS version in the game as well, but that's maybe a stretch. The SNES styled version would be a nice bonus.

melbye said:
MasonADC said:

I was referring more to the western sales

MasonADC said:
melbye said:

I was referring more to the western sales

Honestly i think the franchise has a small but pretty hardcore fanbase in the west that aren't going to wait for a Switch-version so sales won't be affected

melbye said:
MasonADC said:

Right. There's no way it would effect the sale at all so I can't really buy that excuse on square's part.