By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dragon Quest XI for Switch titled Dragon Quest XI S

"Now that the SDK that supports Switch has been implemented in Unreal Engine 4 the development team was able to start working on the Switch version. Unfortunately, that SDK is supported only in a version of Unreal Engine 4 that is higher than the one the original game is built upon. That means that now the team has to update the engine, and this comes with its own set of issues. At this moment in time developers are in the process of resolving those issues."

That sounds like alot of work, just to get the switch version running.

Darwinianevolution said:
Do we even know if they are putting the 3D"S" version, or the P"S"4 one yet? This game is taking forever to make with little to no showings of progress.

Its not as easy as it sounds, haveing to remake the same game in a newer engine.
its gonna take time. Probably wont be out until mid 2019, imo.

Around the Network

I can't wait. I will still probably get the ps4 version, but this will be the definitive edition by far. Especially when the rumor of additional content like a new dungeon turns out to be true.

Darwinianevolution said:
Do we even know if they are putting the 3D"S" version, or the P"S"4 one yet? This game is taking forever to make with little to no showings of progress.

Keybladewielder said: 

Nope, it's based on the PS4 version.

https://www.dualshockers.com/dragon-quest-xi-switch-ps4-3ds/

I’ve been playing the game non stop for days, sad to see the Switch port isn’t near yet,i genuinely expected to see gameplay footage. Not really going to buy it again but more people need to play it.

Hope the graphics don’t get downgraded...

I guess Square wants to make this look like a new game to earn more money with it. lol

Around the Network

announced 3 years ago(NX) and still haven't seen anything on it. Ok. I still remain skeptical that this ever releases.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Yeah, SQ definatly wants people buy this game even if they played 3DS and PS4 version of this game, I think we will see this game will be out around next September, so hole year from now.

JRPGfan said:

"Now that the SDK that supports Switch has been implemented in Unreal Engine 4 the development team was able to start working on the Switch version. Unfortunately, that SDK is supported only in a version of Unreal Engine 4 that is higher than the one the original game is built upon. That means that now the team has to update the engine, and this comes with its own set of issues. At this moment in time developers are in the process of resolving those issues."

That sounds like alot of work, just to get the switch version running.

Darwinianevolution said:

Its not as easy as it sounds, haveing to remake the same game in a newer engine.
its gonna take time. Probably wont be out until mid 2019, imo.

Most expensive port ever lol

Seriously though, reminds me of the troubles some devs early on last gen went through to make 360 -> PS3 ports actually decent.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Square should have kept their mouths shut when they revealed the game, saying it was coming to the NX too (first game ever announced for the NX) was pointless.

Instead of getting good will by announcing a Switch port in a few months with gameplay footage they have Switch owners rightfully upset at this port that never seems to be ready, 0 footage so far. It could be a year away for all we know.

In Japan...

PwerlvlAmy said:
announced 3 years ago(NX) and still haven't seen anything on it. Ok. I still remain skeptical that this ever releases.

Skepticism is warranted, but let's hope Octopath Traveler's success has given Square-Enix some incentive to keep their promise and actually finish it and make it a great version