Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dragon Quest XI for Switch titled Dragon Quest XI S

Keybladewielder said:
Marth said:
This is good news for the Switch.
But I am guessing this will be an enhanced 3DS port, right?

Nope, it's based on the PS4 version.

https://www.dualshockers.com/dragon-quest-xi-switch-ps4-3ds/

Ah, I see.
Even better then :)

German YouTuber and Streamer:

Me trying to write reviews:
Octopath Traveler

Amazon 2020 thread

Around the Network

Do we even know if they are putting the 3D"S" version, or the P"S"4 one yet? This game is taking forever to make with little to no showings of progress.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Going to be exciting to see how this ends up looking like

"Now that the SDK that supports Switch has been implemented in Unreal Engine 4 the development team was able to start working on the Switch version. Unfortunately, that SDK is supported only in a version of Unreal Engine 4 that is higher than the one the original game is built upon. That means that now the team has to update the engine, and this comes with its own set of issues. At this moment in time developers are in the process of resolving those issues."

That sounds like alot of work, just to get the switch version running.

Darwinianevolution said:
Do we even know if they are putting the 3D"S" version, or the P"S"4 one yet? This game is taking forever to make with little to no showings of progress.

Its not as easy as it sounds, haveing to remake the same game in a newer engine.
its gonna take time. Probably wont be out until mid 2019, imo.

Green098 said:
Guessing this means they'll be adding exclusive content or something to get people to double dip for the Special version.

Sounds like it will have voice acting, like the western release. (But Japanese voice acting this time.) That should be an incentive in Japan, but not so much in the west. So there may be more.

Around the Network
Keybladewielder said:

I'm guessing this version will have voice acting for Japan?
Also, I'm wondering if they'll somehow be able to add the orchestrated score to this version.

Former most likely, latter highly unlikely. Theres no orchestral music cause the composer says so.

I can't wait. I will still probably get the ps4 version, but this will be the definitive edition by far. Especially when the rumor of additional content like a new dungeon turns out to be true.

Darwinianevolution said:

Keybladewielder said: 

Nope, it's based on the PS4 version.

https://www.dualshockers.com/dragon-quest-xi-switch-ps4-3ds/

I’ve been playing the game non stop for days, sad to see the Switch port isn’t near yet,i genuinely expected to see gameplay footage. Not really going to buy it again but more people need to play it.

Hope the graphics don’t get downgraded...

I guess Square wants to make this look like a new game to earn more money with it. lol