By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fortnite had almost 80m MAU last month

Fortnite had it's highest ever month last month hitting 78.3m users during the month alone. This is nearly as big as the playstation network although I'm sure a big portion of that figure are playing it on psn. Fortnite is showing no signs of slowing down and with a new season launching next week and the holidays approaching I'm sure it will reach new heights. There's no stopping this battle royale. 

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-09-21-fortnite-had-a-record-78-3-million-players-in-august

Around the Network

Preffered PUBG but now I just want BR gone.

Good job I guess.

I wonder how many of those people are really playing the game? I noticed that my niece has it installed on her phone, and plays from time to time. I doubt if she's doing more than an hour a month though.

Not that that's not a valuable player, it's just hard to judge mobile game numbers in the same light as console or PC games.

VAMatt said:
I wonder how many of those people are really playing the game? I noticed that my niece has it installed on her phone, and plays from time to time. I doubt if she's doing more than an hour a month though.

Not that that's not a valuable player, it's just hard to judge mobile game numbers in the same light as console or PC games.

I sign in once a week to do my challenges. Too many other games to play to be still on fortnite flat out. 

I signed in on switch for 30 min last month just because i was bored of pubg mobile. Daily average active users would be a better way to know engagement, though no doubt it's very high.

Around the Network

Just saw a patient this morning for a well child exam. Fifteen years old. Gained 43lb in the past 6mo. Mom tells me the weight gain began when he started playing Fortnite bc he’s become so inactive.

Kerotan said:

Fortnite had it's highest ever month last month hitting 78.3m users during the month alone. This is nearly as big as the playstation network although I'm sure a big portion of that figure are playing it on psn. Fortnite is showing no signs of slowing down and with a new season launching next week and the holidays approaching I'm sure it will reach new heights. There's no stopping this battle royale. 

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-09-21-fortnite-had-a-record-78-3-million-players-in-august

Nice achievement. Fortnite is a big deal.

But your focus on psn seems misplaced. If you ask me, I think most players are on PC and phones. Consoles only follow later.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

pitzy272 said:
Just saw a patient this morning for a well child exam. Fifteen years old. Gained 43lb in the past 6mo. Mom tells me the weight gain began when he started playing Fortnite bc he’s become so inactive.

I'd like to gain weight by just sitting around lol.

pitzy272 said:

This is satire, right?

80 Million in a month is very impressive.

Interested to see the impact Call of Duty and Battlefield will have on PUBG and Fortnite.