By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fortnite had almost 80m MAU last month

Mnementh said:
Kerotan said:

Fortnite had it's highest ever month last month hitting 78.3m users during the month alone. This is nearly as big as the playstation network although I'm sure a big portion of that figure are playing it on psn. Fortnite is showing no signs of slowing down and with a new season launching next week and the holidays approaching I'm sure it will reach new heights. There's no stopping this battle royale. 

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-09-21-fortnite-had-a-record-78-3-million-players-in-august

Nice achievement. Fortnite is a big deal.

But your focus on psn seems misplaced. If you ask me, I think most players are on PC and phones. Consoles only follow later.

I was only comparing it to psn because it's total figure is close to psn total figure. I'd guess about 20m a month play fortnite on ps4. Pc and mobile probably slightly higher and switch xbox less. 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Mnementh said:

Nice achievement. Fortnite is a big deal.

But your focus on psn seems misplaced. If you ask me, I think most players are on PC and phones. Consoles only follow later.

I was only comparing it to psn because it's total figure is close to psn total figure. I'd guess about 20m a month play fortnite on ps4. Pc and mobile probably slightly higher and switch xbox less. 

Yeah, that more or less makes sense.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

VAMatt said:
pitzy272 said:
Just saw a patient this morning for a well child exam. Fifteen years old. Gained 43lb in the past 6mo. Mom tells me the weight gain began when he started playing Fortnite bc he’s become so inactive.

This is satire, right?

No. Why do you think that?

why wont it die? three reasons - its free, its gotten a ton of media attention, and Epic Games has actually done an amazing job supporting it.

pitzy272 said:
VAMatt said:

This is satire, right?

43 lbs. in 6 months.  That's terrible.

Around the Network
VAMatt said:
pitzy272 said:

Put it another way, 43 lb and 6 months for a 15 year old is Crisis level stuff. Certainly it happens from time to time, I'm just hoping that you are exaggerating to make a point or something. That's a pretty bad negative Health effect video game playing right there.

This game is really frustrating and addicting at the same time, my daughter recently got me into playing it with her, it's a good thing that switch and pc crossplay is possible, just unlocked the roadtrip challenges skin, don't think I'll max tier this season as I started late, good thing that I bought the save the world early access when it first came out and no BR shenanigans at the time, it helped me get the battlepass without having to buy it.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

VAMatt said:
VAMatt said:

Put it another way, 43 lb and 6 months for a 15 year old is Crisis level stuff. Certainly it happens from time to time, I'm just hoping that you are exaggerating to make a point or something. That's a pretty bad negative Health effect video game playing right there.

No exaggeration, unfortunately. I gave you the exact weight gain amount in the exact timeline. Trust me, I had a long talk with the child and his mom.

Ultimately, the parents own the majority of the responsibility. The mom saw this happening, yet she did nothing about it. Her reply was, “I tell him to exercise and stop playing fortnite so much, but he doesn’t listen.” Always kills me when a parent says something like that, as if they don’t have the authority over their child. I made sure to set her straight.