Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which was your first RPG (video game) you played through?

Phantasy Star IV on Sega Genesis

Around the Network

The first one I played was Final Fantasy, the first one I played and finished was Ultima for the NES.

It was either Pokemon Colosseum or Final Fantasy X. Probably Colosseum since I got the GameCube first. This was when I was 13 so is all a blur.

Had to be something on the Atari 2600, but i can't remember which game.

Cerebralbore101 said:

It needs a remake IMO. Never got around to beating it. The later dungeons are impossible without a map. Still logged over 120 hours in it when I was a kid though. 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
I'm about to make you all feel old:

Skyrim.

via GIPHY

Ah, remember that game, the ending is quite ambigious but very emotion story and well written characters. Also, poor Nei. At least since it's established in Phantasy Star 4 that another Mother Brain was never made, it seems Rolf and his friends were victorious in this final battle

Well, it was already gotten a remake too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDUO9H0kLmc

Around the Network

Secrete of Mana.... Super Mario RPG, are amoung my most early memories of RPGs.
So one of those, lateron alot of the Final Fantasy games too (snes).

Wow, it’s hard enough trying to remember what my first game was overall, but to then narrow it down to a specific genre... I am not sure.

I think it’s probably Pokémon Blue, but I remember my aunt had Secret of Evermore on SNES, so I guess it depends on whether or not I ever played that. Or Mystic Quest.. she had that too.

Pokémon Emerald. I think I still haven't finished any RPG's except for the mailine Pokémon games.

Final Fantasy X

Final Fantasy VIII