By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which was your first RPG (video game) you played through?

Loved it to death.  I used to spread the map on the floor and just stare at it.

With western RPGs, it was probably Daggerfall.  A terrible game, to be honest, but one that I loved because it was so ambitious and had so much potential.  It was exactly what I was looking for, as a big fan of fantasy as a kid, but the technology just wasn't ready yet.  Still, the template is the exact same as Skyrim.  It also made me feel physically sick when I played it for too long.

Also, let's not forget another classic:

FentonCrackshell said:
Faxanadu on NES. I’d post a pic of it but I fail at posting pics on this site.

That game.  I remember writing down those long ass codes--and then writing down the wrong thing and losing a ton of progress.

Around the Network

It needs a remake IMO. Never got around to beating it. The later dungeons are impossible without a map. Still logged over 120 hours in it when I was a kid though. 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
I'm about to make you all feel old:

Skyrim.

via GIPHY

Probably gizmos and gadgets on PC.

Maybe something on gameboy though...really not sure.

Edit: Missed the RPG part. Gotta be pokemon then I am thinking.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I guess rogue on the pc, although that became a different genre.

Not a clue, as I was probably 0-4 years old. Final Fantasy 1-4 would be a good guess though.

Around the Network

On PC, Might & Magic III: Isles of Terra. Dune, which mixes many genres, might also count
On consoles, Secret of Mana

Phantasy Star IV on Sega Genesis

The first one I played was Final Fantasy, the first one I played and finished was Ultima for the NES.

It was either Pokemon Colosseum or Final Fantasy X. Probably Colosseum since I got the GameCube first. This was when I was 13 so is all a blur.

Had to be something on the Atari 2600, but i can't remember which game.