By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Dalai lama says "Refugees should go home to develop their own countries"

Assad and Russia are almost winning the war, now there is only one city left to be liberated. If US didn't support the rebels (aka ISIS) ove there, it would have been over a long time ago.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
I would never tell a refugee to return. What they fled is horrifying, and even if the Islamic State is completely crushed soon, another terror organization will rise in it's ashes. If you kill one extremist another rises to takes his/her place. One can't rebuild or develop a country or a part of the world overrun with that kind of mentality, and pressuring those to return who have seen their entire lives destroyed based on some principle of developing their homelands seems rather strange to me.

And what they fled is also partly the result of the rest of the worlds interference as well... At some point we need to take responsibility for that.

NobleTeam360 said:
I don't see why Europe should be obligated in accepting "refugees" The west aren't the only developed nations on this planet.

Turkey and Egypt has taken in a ton of Refugees.. But the Persian Gulf states could do more.
Asian countries like Indonesia have taken a ton of Refugees as well.

Lots of smaller African/Asian countries tend to have limited options as they don't have the resources to accept anyone, I think that is where other countries need to work with them.

Pyro as Bill said:

How can muslims be bringing racism towards black people if they're not a race? Make your mind up.

Just because you are religious, doesn't mean you can't be racist.
But I do agree it was a pretty poor over-generalization.

RolStoppable said:

I already provided further clarification why I helped you in my response to your unedited post, so that only leaves your other question. Regarding this specific instance, you are wrong if you think that you deserved a moderation for hate speech when you didn't even know what the word you were using meant. My stance how such an instance should be moderated is here:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/dev2016/post.php?id=8818346

It would actually be fantastic if you would all get back on topic rather than continue this back and forth.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

At least it isn't nothing like the terrible Donald Trump would say.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

CaptainExplosion said:
Replicant said:

True.

And it would certainly help if a certain "superpower" would mind to ease a little on the bombings. One would almost believe that this "superpower" intended to cripple Europe and the countries of the refugees.

You mean Russia?

No. But you have a point.

Russia would love a crippled Europe as well.

John2290 said:

Every site I've looked at to link this has either taken the Dalai Lamas words out of context or snipped them down for either clickbait or agenda driven pieces. I'd advise to look into this yourself before commenting so we can talk about this civilly without it breaking down from people having different information from opinion pieces with intent to devide and mislead or just make a quick buck regardless. 

For the purposes of the thread I'll link to the independent and clip from wikipedia (which frustratingly seems to also be snipped misleadingly, however at least it tries to be objective in it's approach) again, I strongly suggest looking at further sources to get a more broad understanding of the Dalai lamas speech in Sweden. If anyone can find a better scource, I'll add it to the OP.

Dalai Lama says ‘Europe belongs to the Europeans’ and suggests refugees return to native countries | The Independent https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/dalai-lama-europe-refugee-crisis-immigration-eu-racism-tibet-buddhist-a8537221.html

From wikis last entry on the Dalai Lama history ... 

"In 2018, he stated that "Europe belongs to the Europeans" and that Europe has a moral obligation to aid refugees whose lives are in peril. Further he stated that Europe should receive, help and educate refugees but ultimately they should return to develop their home countries.[242]"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalai_Lama

I'd like to know your thoughts, lets discuss his words based on what information we are given so far, maturally and respectfully of each others opinions.  Hopefully we can get a clearer picture of his words and intentions, further statements or a full unedited transcript on the matter as the outrage dies down and I'll update the OP as soon as I can. 

EDIT: A video from Tim Pool.

I wonder, does he view his own exile in the same way?

Europe does not belong to europeans, since we are all immigrants. However, we have lived here all of your lives and our ancestors has formed the nations that we live in. But we should never forget that we are all visitors in some senses and we should balance that view with the view of having balanced immigration when we discuss refugees. Also, we are dependent on immigration if we want to have any kind of economic prosperity.

But regarding nationality, that is a constant fluid state, it is never stationary.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Pyro as Bill said:

He isn't though. he's probaly going to fuck the us economy in the long term. the only thing i credit him with is understanding that modern politics is fucked because of the economics.

money gets tight, everyone starts looking for the freeloaders and profiteers. 'immigrants' get the blame for freeloading and jews are blamed for being profiteers (and spreading 'cultural marxism').

Is Brexit a good or a bad thing?

Its more democratic than the the EU ever was, atleast for Brexit the people got to vote but we will see in some years how it turns out marketwise.

Amen. Or whatever Buddhist say.

I hate the fact the 1st world takes the talent of the 3rd world. If that talent stayed home the 3rd world would rise.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Refugees are just that, they should be kept safe until it's safe enough to go back, then they should absolutely go back