By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Dalai lama says "Refugees should go home to develop their own countries"

RolStoppable said:
John2290 said:

I don't see what was immature about that. 

I meant both of you, not only you.

Let's get real mature for a moment. Despite all the (highly) questionable things Pyro as Bill posted in this thread, he has a point in that you are beating around the bush with your thread. You are seeking validation for your own views by putting the Dalai Lama in front of you; the Dalai Lama's comments caused controversy and outrage, and you hope that people here say that it was unfair and that he actually makes a good point, which then in turn would validate your own personal views regarding refugees. The muslims in particular.

Continually proving you are one of the best users on this site, second only to me. 

Well done, Rol. 

Around the Network
John2290 said:

You are free to see it that way but it doesn't make it remotely true. Just because I upped the OP doesn't mean I should hold my views back when engaging in discussion within the thread, do you expect me to hold my views back? Do you expect me to go against site rules and only post the OP without engagement?

No, I will not do either to suit you and you can call hypocrisy or bias all you want. With the elaborate antics you've pulled in the forums over the last few days, it's rich. 

Good day. 

I am not telling you that you should hold your views back. I am telling you that people who know something about you can guess what's up, so you might as well be more open about it.

As for my antics, I am always good for a surprise.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

John2290 said:
RolStoppable said:

I am not telling you that you should hold your views back. I am telling you that people who know something about you can guess what's up, so you might as well be more open about it.

As for my antics, I am always good for a surprise.

Okay. I'll refrain from giving any opinions in threads I up...or perhaps I'll not up threads. Perhaps I won't reply at all. 

At what point does it defeat the purpose of a forum. 

How come that that is your takeaway from my post? I was telling you to be more forthcoming with what you think and you act as if you are getting censored.

We should try to get something good and useful out of this thread. Since it doesn't look like the first path in the fork of the road will go anywhere, let us take the other path: My antics. Remember when I posted on your wall and guessed that Signalstar put in a good word for you? That wasn't a guess.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

OK, so, about the thread itself again.

He's right, what is happening right now is not a sustainable solution. The only sustainable solution is the development of the countries refugees come from. Other things like welcoming them in other countries are only band aids, with good intentions but only able to work with a limited number of people, and with a lot of difficulties.
And I personally hate what Merkel did a few years ago, saying "We will welcome anyone who survives the travel until here". It was highly irresponsible and killed more people than it saved. The travel being extremely dangerous, pushing people to try it without doing anything to make it safer is hypocrisy at its best.
The French idea to put offices in charge of visa and immigration on the African side is maybe difficult to do, but a lot better than the German Hunger Games.

The best thing would be if they didn't even have to migrate. We should make refugees camps closer to the countries in need. And obviously make better decisions about the interventions in some countries...

Pyro as Bill said:
VAMatt said:
Europe doesn't belong to Europeans anymore than it does to Asians, Africans, or anyone else.

So the US, UK, France, Spain and Portugal are well within their right to go empire-ing?

I didn't say anything even remotely close to that.   Nobody has any right to do any empire-ing anywhere.

Around the Network
John2290 said:

I don't feel like I'm being censored, I'm just pointing out how silly it is to not post honestly in ones own thread.

As or the wall post. Yeah, I imagined so from the last message in the thread, what's your point?

I was refering to the elaborate post in which you set up Permalite after your ban, It was impressive indeed but criticising me for posting my opinion in my own thread is worthy of being labeled immature by you after pulling that? I see what your saying but it's not true. At least not in this case. 

I just come here to post, man, reply to topics I see on here and on the internet. I don't want in on the drama and the discord/s and all that or how everyone is apparently racist, sexist or whatever ism with some agenda as if people don't have free will and change on a daily to weekly to monthly basis. 

You still don't understand the point about honesty in this thread. What I, morenoingrato and AngryLittleAlchemist tried to convey to you is that we and many others know what you think about certain topics, so there's no point in you trying to cover up your intentions. Indeed, it is silly to not post honestly in one's own thread, and that's what we are telling you.

Now for the other point. Earlier this week I asked Signalstar to help me to help you and together we got your ban length reduced from seven days to only one; I had asked for a fully overturned moderation, but unfortunately that wasn't meant to be. It's understandable that you act hostile towards me right now, but the more important thought on your mind should be why I helped you at all.

You haven't done yourself any favor in this community with threads such as "Students can choose their own race in Delaware" and "Belgian man gets convicted and heavily fined for sexism", because the misrepresentation of such topics was severe. Such behavior puts you on the far right side of the political spectrum; both of the aforementioned examples make you someone who is desperate to fight against political correctness. Desperate, because you seemingly don't care one bit for a truthful and accurate representation.

However, I have observed two crucial things about you. For one, you possess the ability to be considerate and understanding without being faced by a threat, meaning you don't need to have a moderator sit in your neck. And two, you can take a joke. That means you aren't a lost cause that should be chased off this site. If you were a lost cause, I would have let the wrongful moderation that stacked towards your ban record stand as called and eventually time would have probably made you be gone for good.

You don't need to thank me for anything here. All I want from you is that you think about why you are coming to these forums and if the people here mean anything to you; I especially want you to think about your attitude towards political topics and I want you to question if the answers you found for yourself so far are really the only correct answers. Political subjects are usually complex and do not have only one correct answer, so if you were more open to listen to other points of view, you might begin to view the world around you in a different light and grow as a person, and that would amplify the trait of being considerate and understanding in both discussions and when creating threads.

The choice is yours.

RolStoppable said:
Replicant said:

True.

And it would certainly help if a certain "superpower" would mind to ease a little on the bombings. One would almost believe that this "superpower" intended to cripple Europe and the countries of the refugees.

Since such arguments and theories are about the USA and Russia alike, you have to be more specific.

why not both?

And Ghandi said Europe should roll over and let itself be conquered by the Nazis. No one is perfect, and no one is right 100% of the time, especially when dealing with the politics and relations of other countries..

I mean, he isn't wrong, but it's kinda hard to develop a nation when it gets bombed to ashes all the time, don't you think? It's like trying to build a sandcastle in the middle of a hurricane. You can try, but it won't work out too well.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Far right wing politicians are effectively campaigning on kicking out refugees with slogans like "Send them back", "They took our Jobs", "Build that Wall" and "Stop the Boats". Far right politicians scapegoat and create fear uncertainty and doubt.