By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Dalai lama says "Refugees should go home to develop their own countries"

Pyro as Bill said:
RolStoppable said:

I still don't get what you are trying to say.

You understand the 'racial cold war stuff' just fine. Anyone with an internet connection undertstands what i mean. It's relentless.

America will handle it (as long as the constitution/magna carta stays intact) however we all know how stupid continental europeans can be.

The modern economy has messed things up. That's what happens when you ignore Austrians and go off the gold standard.

The continent is already shifting heavily to the 'right' and even the left in the UK are blaming the jews.

Maybe it'll be different this time.

Austrians have it right?

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Around the Network

All of a sudden the right have become buddhist and the left think the Dalai Lama is Hitler.

When are people going to stop beating around the bush and admit this ''cold war'' is about race?

Everyone's blaming trump when he's the only politician who understands that a sound economy will get rid of racial/ethnic tensions.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

RolStoppable said:
Pyro as Bill said:

You understand the 'racial cold war stuff' just fine. Anyone with an internet connection undertstands what i mean. It's relentless.

America will handle it (as long as the constitution/magna carta stays intact) however we all know how stupid continental europeans can be.

The modern economy has messed things up. That's what happens when you ignore Austrians and go off the gold standard.

The continent is already shifting heavily to the 'right' and even the left in the UK are blaming the jews.

Maybe it'll be different this time.

Austrians have it right?

economically? without doubt.

controlling people's lives, absolutely not.

Pyro as Bill said:
All of a sudden the right have become buddhist and the left think the Dalai Lama is Hitler.

When are people going to stop beating around the bush and admit this ''cold war'' is about race?

Everyone's blaming trump when he's the only politician who understands that a sound economy will get rid of racial/ethnic tensions.

You could have saved yourself a lot of time in this thread by simply saying that Trump is so cool.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

RolStoppable said:
Pyro as Bill said:

You could have saved yourself a lot of time in this thread by simply saying that Trump is so cool.

He isn't though. he's probaly going to fuck the us economy in the long term. the only thing i credit him with is understanding that modern politics is fucked because of the economics.

money gets tight, everyone starts looking for the freeloaders and profiteers. 'immigrants' get the blame for freeloading and jews are blamed for being profiteers (and spreading 'cultural marxism').

Around the Network
Pyro as Bill said:
RolStoppable said:

He isn't though. he's probaly going to fuck the us economy in the long term. the only thing i credit him with is understanding that modern politics is fucked because of the economics.

money gets tight, everyone starts looking for the freeloaders and profiteers. 'immigrants' get the blame for freeloading and jews are blamed for being profiteers (and spreading 'cultural marxism').

Is Brexit a good or a bad thing?

RolStoppable said:
Pyro as Bill said:

depends.

if we abolish tariffs/quotas/regulations and replace eu protectionism with productive/efficient trade with non-eu countries then prices will fall and we will all (the whole world) get richer/benefit.

i know euros believe that 'taxation = civilisation' but the country (and it's colonies) that created and saved the modern world think differently. I get why people think such things, to them it seems intuitive however in the civilised world we understand that free trade (two parties freely exchanging their time/labour) without government interference benefits everyone. (it's taxation that pays for genocide, the roads/civilisation can take care of themselves)

Maybe if Euros paid more attention to heroes like Robin Hood and Jesus Christ, they'd understand that taxation is theft and money changers should be whipped.

Pyro as Bill said:
RolStoppable said:

depends.

if we abolish tariffs/quotas/regulations and replace eu protectionism with productive/efficient trade with non-eu countries then prices will fall and we will all (the whole world) get richer/benefit.

i know euros believe that 'taxation = civilisation' but the country (and it's colonies) that created and saved the modern world think differently. I get why people think such things, to them it seems intuitive however in the civilised world we understand that free trade (two parties freely exchanging their time/labour) without government interference benefits everyone. (it's taxation that pays for genocide, the roads/civilisation can take care of themselves)

Maybe if Euros paid more attention to heroes like Robin Hood and Jesus Christ, they'd understand that taxation is theft and money changers should be whipped.

Makes sense.

I try to get the thread back on track.

I am not a Tibetan Buddhist, so the Dalai Lama's words have little weight for me personally, but what he says is right if we would live in a better world. In a better world, the refugees are returning to their country, to their hometowns once the war is over. They will get the chance to build up their homeland with massive support from the international community.

however this is a very rare scenario in reality. Often times War/civil War never really ends and the country becomes a failed State like Libya or Somalia or the fraction who won the war becomes the new regime and returning refugees are threatened with political persecution or the land where the people once live is now occupied by another nation and they can't return.

Also I think if refugees lived in my country for long time, have jobs and are well integrated we should let them stay here if they don't want to go back even after the initial cause for them to became refugees is gone.

Last edited by MrWayne - on 15 September 2018

MrWayne said:

I try to get the thread back on track.

I am not a Tibetan Buddhist, so the Dalai Lama's words have little weight for me personally, but what he says is right if we would live in a better world. In a better world, the refugees are returning to their country, to their hometowns once the war is over. They will get the chance to build up their homeland with massive support from the international community.

however this is a very rare scenario in reality. Often times War/civil War never really ends and the country becomes a failed State like Libya or Somalia or the fraction who won the war becomes the new regime and returning refugees are threatened with political persecution or the land where the people once live is now occupied by another nation and they can't return.

Also I think if refugees lived in my country for long time, has a job and is well integrated we should let them stay here if they don't want to go back even after the initial cause for them to became refugees is gone.

Yeah... So let's not forget that e.g. USA and Russia have zero interest in ending warfare (it prints money).