By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why was FFVIII left behind??

FFVII, FFIX, FFX,...what's the reason of Square Enix to not include FFVIII? were there any statements from SE about the reason? i find it a little strange, for me it's still one of the best games...

Around the Network

FF8 is not on iOS/Android/XBox or even PS4 either I don't think. They're likely bringing it out next year but want to announce it next year because 2019 is the 20th anniversary of Final Fantasy VIII. It's most likely coming, I wouldn't sweat it.

Some people argue that that might be due to them having issues due to copyrights for "Eyes On Me". Shame though, it is my favourite of the 3D FF games, after IX.

Its not listed because its Bluepoint games next remaster. They are saving it for that.

Probably because they will be making a remaster in the future.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Around the Network
twintail said:
ZODIARKrebirth said:

FFVII, FFIX, FFX,...what's the reason of Square Enix to not include FFVIII? were there any statements from SE about the reason? i find it a little strange, for me it's still one of the best games...

its not available on mobile, steam or PS4.  So it hasnt even been ported yet. Maybe at PSX we get the port announcement. 

It been on Steam for a long time now.  Since 2013.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/39150/FINAL_FANTASY_VIII/

I am lwying VIII on PS3 for the past three or four years, and I find it to be very bleh...don't like the characters, the junction system messed me up bc I didn't realize how important it was until 2/3 through the game, and the story is ridiculous (although vey entertaining, I must admit).
So I won't miss it, but still sucks for thr fans!

It's my favourite, too! I think there are legal issues with the title track "Eyes on me". That should be the reason why a mobile port doesn't exist either.

What I don't understand: this song was composed by Uematsu, but was obviously first released on Faye Wong's album. Strange.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/77000060

Do you really need more Final Fantasy love right now :D the Direct announced 9 different FF games coming in the next 12 months or so, gonna be FF overload, Squall and co can join the rest of the games later on, like others said when it's been ported to mobile they'll probably just add a Switch port down the line of it too, the junctioning and refine system of FFVIII was one of my own fav games on the PSone as well, I didn't get the dislike that the got from some fans, I think people at the time might have been just disappointed that it wasn't a direct Sequel to FFVII which so many loved.

Does remind me of this though.... always makes me chuckle.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

The game will come soon, if VII made it VIII will too. They probably release it alongside the other versions.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.