By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rate the September Nintendo Direct out of 10.

Rate the nintendo direct out of 10

1 7 4.02%

2 0 0%

3 4 2.30%

4 4 2.30%

5 9 5.17%

6 11 6.32%

7 21 12.07%

8 47 27.01%

9 49 28.16%

10 22 12.64%

Total:174

9.5. Excellent direct.

Around the Network

8 for me. Great direct with lots of stuff, but STILL no Pikmin 4?! I've been waiting so long, please

7.8/10

Nothing about Persona Q2
Too Much News
Too Much Games
Too Much Water on Pokémon Pikachu and Eevee

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

6/10

Luigi's Mansion 3 was a cool surprise and Yoshi has gone from a pass to a buy with a much better showing than at E3 2017.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 14 September 2018

Way better than the E3 one that's for sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

9 better than e3

This was pretty damn good. If they had combined this Direct with the E3 Direct, I think consensus would have had them winning E3. This was so good, it almost made me forget how bad NSMBU Deluxe looked. That was the main disappointment. If that had been an All-Stars style collection of all 4 NSMB games, with the same level of bonus content, this Direct would be a 10/10. The only good thing about NSMBU Deluxe looking like such hot garbage is that it'll sell terribly and finally convince Nintendo to move on and reboot 2D Mario again in a new style.

The only other things they could have possibly shown that haven't been seen yet are Pikmin 4 and more Prime 4 details, but Pikmin seems like a spring Direct sort of game to hype us for a late spring or early summer 2019 release, and Prime 4 will be one of the stars of E3 2019 so it couldn't show here either.

8/10.

Switch Online looks fairly barebones, and it's disappointing it's NES games only for now. I expect they'll launch a SNES for Switch app and charge a supplement for it, but honestly that's probably fair enough - £1.50 a month isn't much. NSMB U DX not being an all-stars collection is a bit of a bummer, too.

That being said, book-ending the Direct with two major announcements for next year is very exciting. New IP from Game Freak is also pleasing, the Final Fantasy announcements are good news, and overall, 2019 could be really strong. My concern at this point is that we'll see Nintendo of old return, and some games won't make it out till 2020. Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3 are likeliest, but Pokemon Gen 8 or 'Town' could also slip.

I give it a 9. One point off for the online part. I don't need to be explained what online play is.

7/10

Great games, huge line up for 2019 (8 first party games already confirmed for 2019), big 3rd party support and even Assassin's Creed Odyssey even if it's only cloud version, and I love how the NES library and tne NES joycons looks like.

But I was expecting big 3rd party titles that weren't anounced, like Spyro or GTA V.