By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Update: Looks like Torna the Golden Country's physical version is a proper cartridge release after all

Pubg was also just a digital code in a box with some stickers if you bought it retail.

If you were a big wig at eb games/gamestop and see the industry headed digital, how would you handle it? Seems like there's a standalone physical version too... If it's true.

Around the Network

Gosh ... I don't even know anymore. It really seems like the physical version contains both things but ... I'm not 100% sure still.

Honestly, I'm still going to get it physical just for the boxart in the end.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

This has been a known thing for a while. The physical release is really just for the sake of adding another box to your collection

To sell a "physical" version without an actual cartridge would be one of the stupidest things ever.

It says you can play the prequel story without owning Xenoblade 2, so logically it comes with its own cartridge. If I'm wrong, then I will say "Fuck you, Nintendo".

1doesnotsimply

I canncelt my pre order for this,i heared to from my gamestore its just a box with .a code.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Around the Network

I haven't found any info confirming whether the physical release contains an actual card or not, but I noticed that most descriptions (including the description given by Nintendo UK and Nintendo Sweden) said that the Expansion Pass will be included as a download code but didn't mention at all that the so-called physical version of Torna would also be a code. In addition to that, the mere fact that the physical release is the only way to get a standalone version of Torna, that can be played without the main game, tells me that Torna will indeed be on a game card. Because if the physical version is just a code for the digital version then why wouldn't the digital only version also work as a standalone game?

So if I get the physical edition, do I get the expansion pass as well?

MasonADC said:

The retail version will include a code for the expansion pass, yes.

forest-spirit said:
MasonADC said:

The retail version will include a code for the expansion pass, yes.

Thanks!

It isn’t that hard to understand. Torna will be on card, and then you will also get a download code for the rest of the expansion pass stuff for the main Xeno 2 game.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]