what comes with the expansion pack? I've only heard of one big update to XC2 that was purchasable and wasn't Torna, and that was the ... uhh ... Arena I think? With Shulk?
I can't give you a definitive list of what comes with the expansion pass, because some things were free updates for all players, but...
1. Useful items like protocols to transfer blades, a bunch of gold, 60k ether crystals to upgrade Poppi without having to play the virtual video game; minor items like favorite food of certain characters.
2. 20 regular sidequests scattered across the entire story progression, so some quests are available from chapter 2 onwards, others are for the late game.
3. New rare blades with their own sidequests. The base game had 38 rare blades, all updates bring the total to 52. At least half of the additional 14 were part of free updates.
4. The arena with Shulk, Fiora and Elma. Features ~30 challenges. Rewards are customes for various characters.
5. Hard difficulty, easy and custom, and new game plus should all be part of free updates, just like various improvements to map and item sorting functionality.
I'd say that expansion pass stuff is worth no more than $/€10, because it's rather insignificant in the big picture. But obviously Torna is included in the $/€30 price of admission, so the expansion pass is a steal.
Last edited by RolStoppable - on 09 September 2018