By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Update: Looks like Torna the Golden Country's physical version is a proper cartridge release after all

curl-6 said:
Mar1217 said:

That's not the most convincing declaration I've seen so far,lol.

Seems like even his superior doesn't know  for sure ...

Though, congrats for the courage you stacked to ask them directly !

Thanks man.

And yeah, it is a bit of a bizarre situation when even Nintendo reps seem to be in the dark and can't give a definitive answer.

It's also bizarre that we live in a time where we are unsure if a physical version is actually a physical version... Man I dread the day that physical is no longer an option. 



1doesnotsimply

Around the Network

My code in a box! My code in a box giirrl. This is what stopped me from buying the "physical" edition of Minecraft on the Vita. Why even bother?



- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

NoirSon said:
Until it is released who knows.

Nintendo has done the code in boxes thing in Japan, this maybe a other case of that. Although given the lush I would think it would have to have some sort of stand alone cartridge. Yet you never know what they consider.

If they were really charging $10 extra for nothing more than an empty case, there would be a large number of pissed off people.



FarleyMcFirefly said:
curl-6 said:

Thanks man.

And yeah, it is a bit of a bizarre situation when even Nintendo reps seem to be in the dark and can't give a definitive answer.

It's also bizarre that we live in a time where we are unsure if a physical version is actually a physical version... Man I dread the day that physical is no longer an option. 

Agreed. This "download code in a box" thing is ridiculous and should not exist.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

I'm sure Torna comes on a physical cart, but...

Is this how physical will die? You buy a physical game, thinking you will get a disc/cart, and it winds up being a download code? I mean, I know Nintendo is going to release Torna on a cart. But this would be a stupidly good way for publishers to be able to kill off used game sales and ownership rights, while still being able to sell "physical copies" in stores.



Around the Network

It is the physical Torna game (it is a stand alone game included with the season pass) that comes with a download code for the DLC for Xenoblade 2 (which requires Xeno 2 to use).

This has been confirmed ten times over already.



Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Shiken said:
It is the physical Torna game (it is a stand alone game included with the season pass) that comes with a download code for the DLC for Xenoblade 2 (which requires Xeno 2 to use).

This has been confirmed ten times over already.

Link?



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

I bought the expansion pass for the game early, so this doesn't really apply to me, but I'm kinda curious how the whole thing works if it's a physical game. Do you get the non Torna-expansion stuff automatically by putting the game in? Maybe the Torna game is physical, but offers a code that gives you the expansion pass content (new Blades, quests, etc.) for the base game. Hopefully it's included, I've enjoyed it so far. The arena mode and Shulk/Fiora are great, though it was honestly already worth the price after the sidequest where Mythra asks Rex why he hasn't proposed yet.  

Hopefully it's physical though...just since it's a $10 box otherwise.



NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

FarleyMcFirefly said:
vivster said:
One day this obsession with plastic will end and I will celebrate.

Well, you can always just celebrate now, since you can purchase anything you want digitally anyways. 

I'm going to cancel my pre-order if there is no cartridge... But I will wait for a definitive answer.

I cannot celebrate until Dolphins stop dying from eating cartridges.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Super_Boom said:

I bought the expansion pass for the game early, so this doesn't really apply to me, but I'm kinda curious how the whole thing works if it's a physical game. Do you get the non Torna-expansion stuff automatically by putting the game in? Maybe the Torna game is physical, but offers a code that gives you the expansion pass content (new Blades, quests, etc.) for the base game. Hopefully it's included, I've enjoyed it so far. The arena mode and Shulk/Fiora are great, though it was honestly already worth the price after the sidequest where Mythra asks Rex why he hasn't proposed yet.  

Hopefully it's physical though...just since it's a $10 box otherwise.

It's 100% confirmed that the boxed version comes with a download code for the expansion pass content that concerns the main game Xenoblade Chronicles 2, so everything that is non-Torna is included in the price of the boxed version. Obviously, this download code requires a copy of the main game to play the content.

What has not been 100% confirmed is if the boxed version contains a Switch game card which is why curl-6 and a few others still fear that Torna is merely a download code. What has been 100% confirmed is that Torna works as a standalone game, so that leaves the possibilities that Torna is on a game card and the box contains a download code for the XC2 non-Torna expansion pass content, or that the boxed version contains two download codes (one for Torna to work as standalone game, one for the non-Torna expansion pass content). Most people think that the game card option is the more probable one.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments