By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Update: Latest rumor shows casting for a white Ciri | Original: Netflix looking for non-white actress to play Ciri in the Witcher tv series

Makes sense. If I've learned one thing in my time on this earth, it's that nobody likes white girls. The important thing is, it just FEELS like the right move. Very organic.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

Eh. I'm not a fan of taking existing things and then twisting them. One day I'm probably going to become a hermit just so I don't need to deal with all the stupid stuff happening around the world.

I wonder if the sjw's will be outraged by a white person being portrayed by a minority.

Oh wait... White. Nvm.

I'm... Actuality not sure if I care to much though... As long as it makes sense in the show.... Which it probably won't...

If only Hollywood did this when making "Gods of Egypt"

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

The author of the witcher is cool with it so I don't really care. Wasn't going to watch it anyway.

Around the Network

I'm more interested in the fact they are filming in Budapest. Wonder if they'll venture into the shitty areas there.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

When they cant bother sticking to the original story or characters... thats when you know the show it going to be crap.

This is what happend to True Blood, it "stuck" to the book for 1 season, and then went down its own path (away from the books) because the movie/film industry convinced the authour it was for the best. Turns out it was a crappy play, but shes probably happy she made money from it so whatever.

Same is true for Harry Desden, a really fantastic book series, got a TV show that was horrible, because it was just invented by the film/movie writers, and makeing things up as they went along. Just useing the characters or names isnt enough.

Game of thrones has "small" stuff changed, and its acceptable, but even there I think it woulda been better if they just stuck 100% to the books. Its the exception to the rule though, generally when tv shows / movies dont do as the authors in the books, things turn out bad.

Not sure why Hollywood tv/movie writers think they can do it better than "real" authors that made beloved books.

The Witcher games and books are sexist that they decided to counter-balance it with some positivity for once on the Netflix side of things

Nicely done

I only care for the actual quality of the show, so, whatever BAME gets to play Ciri, I hope she does a great job. Witcher being fantasy fiction, it doesn't really matter who gets to play her.
I'm actually nicely surprised they're giving a key role (if the ad is indeed legit) to a minority actress.

Do the books state that she is white?